• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

engine any good?

dazzi220

I disagree with both comments, i think the 4.6 will smoke the new picco. Its an 8-port engine for a start, and it blows away my cousins picco .26 with no problems at all. The picco is rated at 38k the k4.6 at 39k. I have had personal bad experiances from the wasp.28 so i am pushed away from that now, but although its rated at 42k i still don't thik its as quick as the K4.6. To say its much better than other engines out there isn't exactly true, its made of a low quality and produced by Toki engines japan, orion just have there name slapped on it...if you take it apart and inspect the quality to that of say the STS .28, there really is no comparison.

But hey, for the money you can't go far wrong with the SH .28, it'll smoke a picco and its cheap as chips.

Check out these threads for more info daz..

K4.6

Wasp

I havn't actually ran my Wasp against over big engines but looking over the threads at SC and various other sites the wasp .28 seems be the the best engine by far. I really couldn't ask for any more of mine. It has enough torque to wheely from a rolling start at half throttle, it has a top speed that is just insane and it is easy to tune.

nooo dont get the 4.6, un-reliable, hard to tune and too powerful for the savvy. I know someone has got it and regrets it. the 4.6 is the same as the truckzilla 46 kit.

i'm not sure how they would cope in a MT but the JP range of buggy engines are bloody awesome.

they will smoke any .28etc engine for top end and probably has more, or the same amount of low end grunt...although because they are decent engines the price tag isn't so decent :D