• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheelspin models

jammybiffa

I'll agree with the member who said "If you had a problem, why don't you ring them instead of bitching on forums?"

If you've got a problem, call us! We're there all the time, happy to help! We don't bite, and we'll try and give you an honest reply.

I can see this post started about Hobao bits, which come from CML. Hobao make hundreds of parts, so there's no way we can stock every single one. So we order every day from CML. If they drag their feet getting our order out, it pushes everything back.

We stock a hell of a lot, anyone who has been to the shop will testify. But our main lines are Traxxas and HPI. Order any of these bits and I'm sure you'll get them next day.

The daft thing is, with the order in question the bits had been ordered (on the Monday if I recall), we were just awaiting delivery. I think you rang up on the Friday, so the parts were obviously overdue (not our fault, but doesn't matter - we're first in the firing line). The bits would have been due either that day or the next working day, and would go out to you the same day. You've now openly admitted you'll have to order them from somewhere else, who will probably also not have every item in stock and get stuck in the same situation.

The argument for Saturday delivery seems to be a slight misunderstanding in that the only way to gaurantee Saturday delivery on those parts would have been Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday Gaurantee, which is fairly expensive. As you'd only paid standard delivery, that's why it would have been extra.

I'm sorry - okay! The situation of there being hundreds of thousands of parts is a tough one and we do what we can, but we can't stock every part for every car. I do notice that most of the annoyed customers are talking about Hobao parts, rather than Traxxas or HPI. If it causes this much bother, maybe we'll just drop them off the site but it seems stupid when they're only a phone call away.

As to the Virus kits, it's common knowledge that nobody in the UK has/had stock.

It seems a large "us versus them" conspiracy in that somehow, we're out to "do you all over". It may take some thought to see that this is our living on the line, so despite how it may seem we do actually want your business. And if you have a problem or a query, you'll get far better response picking up the phone and asking us a quick question than either e-mailing or waiting to see what other people suggest on a forum.

Again, we don't bite - we're here to help!

I don't get much time to check forums, but if anyone has some genuine comments to make, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks guys,

Ben

Wheelspin

we do feel 4 ya its a pain when that happens u juss wna gt the car goin but u cant gd lukk gting ya car tho ~~~~~and miost important enjoy tha carrrr :good::good::good:

could we have that in English :unsure:

ive personally had no troubles with wheel spin models, orders always seem to come quick but they have been traxxas parts but when ive had to ring up they have been fine and always keep you informed

Understood.

As consumers though, I think what we need most is transparency in our transactions.

I myself have used Wheelspin a few times without issue, but use loads of other places too.

Lots of peeps may need that bit asap. Others not. But we like to know what we are getting into.

A `Live stock level` is good sometimes, but not always accurate anyway, and I understand the software is expensive. However,

People don,t want to have to phone around to make sure what you advertise for sale is something you actually have, and in time will gravitate to another shop.

I don,t want to know about your distribitor`s issues, that`s your thing. I want my gear. Arse me around and I am unlikely to come back.

Just don,t advertise stuff you can,t supply.

Waiting 2 months for a shock cap just winds people up. If it can be a delay for certain items, let us know BEFORE we buy them.

That,s all we ask.

You may have guessed, but I have previous...

Long thread here

http://www.backyardbashers.com/forum/index.php?topic=813.0

I agree, and stock indicators are something our site needs, and will be there on the next major revision.

That's a cast iron negative - you're right, and we agree!

That doesn't particularly assist the "I've been waiting x months for part x" - as these situations only occur when the supplier is out of stock.

Until our supplier's create some kind of API so we can display their stock levels aswell as ours, that situation will probably still occur. And I don't see that happening for a heck of a long time!

I did phone (twice)+ 1 email :wacko: as for not biting, no you were just rude and unhelpfull.

As for reordering the parts,i did yesterday with j e spares and just recieved a email to say that my COMPLETE order has been despatched today :whistling:

The other minor problem is why take the money from my credit card at time off order(sunday)when you have not got the parts in stock :confused: (im sure Darren at Dms qouted in this thread that is illegal)

Ps.We all could run a business using other peoples money to finance it.

Any way enough time wasted on you.

I did phone (twice)+ 1 email :wacko: as for not biting, no you were just rude and unhelpfull.

As for reordering the parts,i did yesterday with j e spares and just recieved a email to say that my COMPLETE order has been despatched today :whistling:

The other minor problem is why take the money from my credit card at time off order(sunday)when you have not got the parts in stock :confused: (im sure Darren at Dms qouted in this thread that is illegal)

Ps.We all could run a business using other peoples money to finance it.

Any way enough time wasted on you.

You didn't speak to me, and I've apologised. We didn't have stock - it would have been with you yesterday had you not cancelled. Though I did receive your cancellation e-mail and overheard the conversation. I believe your colourful tone didn't go down too well with the guy you spoke to and as with all phone calls, they are a two way thing and a polite tone will get rewarded.

Payments go through automatically on Protx, same as they would if you paid for something by PayPal, Google Checkout, Cash, Cheque, anything. I'm not getting bogged down in legalities, but as before - if you have a problem just let us know rather than sitting at home fuming about a problem that you haven't informed us of!

I find myself out on a ledge here, wondering whether replying is for the better or worse. Seems whichever attitude I adopt I'll get flamed one way or the other, hence why I dislike forums!

You didn't speak to me, and I've apologised. We didn't have stock - it would have been with you yesterday had you not cancelled. Though I did receive your cancellation e-mail and overheard the conversation. I believe your colourful tone didn't go down too well with the guy you spoke to and as with all phone calls, they are a two way thing and a polite tone will get rewarded.

Payments go through automatically on Protx, same as they would if you paid for something by PayPal, Google Checkout, Cash, Cheque, anything. I'm not getting bogged down in legalities, but as before - if you have a problem just let us know rather than sitting at home fuming about a problem that you haven't informed us of!

I find myself out on a ledge here, wondering whether replying is for the better or worse. Seems whichever attitude I adopt I'll get flamed one way or the other, hence why I dislike forums!

If you allow your staff to be awkward,rude and unhelpfull,then you deserve the bad publicity.

Ps.Apology acepted,end off for me.

Edited by jammybiffa

Surely these type of forums form your customer base?

polite tone will get rewarded

Is this Fawlty Towers?

I think you may have the wrong end of the stick here. WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! We are not doing you a favour, we keep you alive!

bogged down in legalities

Something I am sure you should be familiar with, not an incidental aside.

Don,t get in a heap, just sort your end out.

There are loads of us who will want to buy gear from you, and other shops.

All we ask is, well, just don,t jerk us off.

This is going the wrong way and there is not a visible end in sight.

This post concerns one customers order, which is now effectively settled.

End of, it was only by chance I even saw this thread!

If anyone has any great concerns about anything further, as said before feel free to e-mail me.

My opinion is that Wheelspin's service is fine, but is is made to look bad by Modelsports!

It is however very frustrating to receive an email after placing your order to say that they haven't got the item in stock when most other online retailers have a stock status on their website.

Lkhltn

Selling RC spares is much like making love to a beautiful woman.

Get your parts out, spread them on the table and see what she needs to stiffen her chassis.

swisstoni.jpg

Going mental, continental.

My opinion is that Wheelspin's service is fine, but is is made to look bad by Modelsports!

It is however very frustrating to receive an email after placing your order to say that they haven't got the item in stock when most other online retailers have a stock status on their website.

Lkhltn

I have had my last 3 orders from a big very well known modelshop not turn up yet they thier website said that stock was in stock!I had to phone 3 times and listen to the bull****² and then email and then they got my stuff sent to me from a different shop!I am not going to name the shop as there is no point but it wasnt Wheelspin or DMS(i have never ever had a problem with either of these shops that seem to be getting flamed on here).So no one on here has never had a problem with Modelsport?Come on now be honest as i have and so have quite a few of my mates :angry::whistling:

Nice to see the shop apologising instead of trying to turn the blame around
I think any shop would apologise if they were in the belief they had actually done somthing wrong.......

Wheelspin have answerd .. What shop will be slagged off next week?????????????
And fair play to them for doing so to, not our turn, we have had our go in the "line of fire" Edited by DMS

Wheelspin have answerd .. What shop will be slagged off next week?????????????

I totaly agree with you.RC is ment to be fun but this is starting to turn into some of those us forums which are just about bitching at eachother.

At the end of the day, there's good shops and not so good shops.

The best advice is for shops to get in contact at the first opportunity (before processing payment) if any part of the order is unable to be completed.

Likewise, if you have ANY problem with a particular shop, get in contact via phone, email or even write to them before coming to a forum, they should be able to deal with you.

This topic has run its course, so its now locked.