• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheelspin models

jammybiffa

What a joke!

I placed an order last Sunday for proline roadrage tyres x4, white springs and f/r arb. Checked my credit card on Tuesday and they had taken the money. I sent them an email to see if my order had been despatched (no reply), found out later they prefer a phone call to save time replying to emails. So i rang them "no your order has not been sent, we are waiting for the tyres". I asked if i would recieve it by the weekend "should do" was the reply, so i left it at that.

Rang them again on Friday, but still had not been sent, so i asked if they could cancel the tyres and send the rest. I was told they had no white springs either to which i was not happy. He then said "we have alternative tyres that we could get to you tomorrow if you pay saturday postage"!. Again i was not impressed and asked to cancel the order, to which his reply was "yes but you will have to send a email" even tho i was on the phone talking to him!! (because in there words this is the best way to comunicate with us)

Any way they refunded my money yesterday and i will have to source they these parts else where.

Its annoying tho because i had already removed my old tyres and could not use my car this weekend as planned :angry:

Ps.To add insult to injury they had the springs on the tuesday but had sold them by the friday(even tho i had already paid for them)

What a joke!

I placed an order last Sunday for proline roadrage tyres x4, white springs and f/r arb. Checked my credit card on Tuesday and they had taken the money. I sent them an email to see if my order had been despatched (no reply), found out later they prefer a phone call to save time replying to emails. So i rang them "no your order has not been sent, we are waiting for the tyres". I asked if i would recieve it by the weekend "should do" was the reply, so i left it at that.

Rang them again on Friday, but still had not been sent, so i asked if they could cancel the tyres and send the rest. I was told they had no white springs either to which i was not happy. He then said "we have alternative tyres that we could get to you tomorrow if you pay saturday postage"!. Again i was not impressed and asked to cancel the order, to which his reply was "yes but you will have to send a email" even tho i was on the phone talking to him!! (because in there words this is the best way to comunicate with us)

Any way they refunded my money yesterday and i will have to source they these parts else where.

Its annoying tho because i had already removed my old tyres and could not use my car this weekend as planned :angry:

Ps.To add insult to injury they had the springs on the tuesday but had sold them by the friday(even tho i had already paid for them)

we do feel 4 ya its a pain when that happens u juss wna gt the car goin but u cant gd lukk gting ya car tho ~~~~~and miost important enjoy tha carrrr :good::good::good:

Yeah,i've found recently that Wheelspin are a bunch of ignorant tw*ts and thet sound like they can't be arsed helping you out when your trying to source a part or have a problem,Modelsport don't take your money if the parts are'nt in stock.Modelsport bend over backwards to help if there's a problem and do their best to resolve it.Through this I stopped using Wheelspin as they're crap in my opinion and tend to stick with Modelsport,JE Spares and Mailbox Models.... :confused:

The reason i never used modelsport is that i can't find the arb listed.

So i placed a order with j e spares on friday.But unfortunely my wife frooze her credit card trying to pay via paypal :rolleyes:

So im now back to sqaure one :angry:

Mate, I would never use them. One of my friends ordered a Virus kit from them which was paid for straight away online. He waited over three weeks before calling to get his money back.

Its a total joke, they shouldnt take money from you if its not in stock, at least they should tell you before you pay for it that its not in stock so you know youll have to wait.

Damo

i started to have problems with them lately too usually there ok

i asked if they had got 6 parts for my lightning by phone they said yes when i got down there they never had any of them 30 miles away

i fel modelsport is a good place

I always use wheelspin when i can and have never had a problem.I have placed orders at half 3 and have got the stuff the next day.On the phone they are much more helpfull than modelsport.I had a big order with modelsport so i phoned to see if it was ok and the guy didnt listen to a word i said and had hung up while i was still talking!I dont know who he was but sounded old compared to the usualy younger sounded staff i had talked to before. :angry::whistling:

At the end of the day they want all of your contact details,why did they NOT contact me to say we have not got part or most of your order.In which case i could try to source them from else where.

Besides that,they take your money,don't reply to emails and then hang up on you because your geting frustrated.

And the comment of we have alternative parts,but it will cost you more postage to send on saturday rates when the order was placed the sunday before :unsure:

Verry unproffesinal (imo)

I hope Darren at DMS is looking at this thread.This site slated his shop and now you are starting on Wheelspin.Maybe all the bitches should join HBF!

Are you staff by any chance?

Im starting on wheelspin models :shockingscary: im just a VERRRRY disgruntled CUSTOMER :o

Ps.Whos Darren and whos Dms?And what have they got to do with me?

Edited by jammybiffa

I dont know what you guys must have done but nothing that hasnt been in stock at wheelspin when i have ordered hasnt been charged till my order is in stock and sent.If people arnt happy they should phone the shops and ask for thier money back rather than bitch on forums.

I dont know what you guys must have done but nothing that hasnt been in stock at wheelspin when i have ordered hasnt been charged till my order is in stock and sent.If people arnt happy they should phone the shops and ask for thier money back rather than bitch on forums.

Martin read the whole thread :whistling:

I hope Darren at DMS is looking at this thread.This site slated his shop and now you are starting on Wheelspin
Funny that I was just thinking that when I got down to your post and hey presto, there it was!!!

Ps.Whos Darren and whos Dms?And what have they got to do with me?
Darren is myself, the owner of DMS Racing in Watford, there was a thread not too dissimilair to this about us a week or two back about our shop on here, I think that is what he was referring to, not anyone else in person or anything

I will say one thing, that is it is "illegal" to charge for somthing in full if you do not have it to despatch from stock. I am fully aware that several shops do charge fully for orders before they are despatched and that is totally down to them (but illegal) which is why we never do it. Apart from that I cannot comment really on this thread it is not fair to Wheelspiun or any of its customers, after all I have obviuosly never shopped there (since we are a shop ourselves) and the customers with opinions are not mine to deal with.

The thread incidently about us was this one

Edited by DMS

Charging for products that have not even been dispatched is one of the reasons I will not be ordering from wheelspin again also the very poor customer service that I received when I rang to ask what had happened to the order that had been placed 4 weeks previous.

I will stick from MS and JE Spares as I have had nothing but good service from them and they let you know if a product is in stock on the net, Wheelspin don't do this or tell you that its out of stock or when it's due to come in.

I am sure it has been suggested before but I do think we should have a good experiences thread for online shops

Chris

I too have had problems with wheelspin. The web site shows a very large range of spare parts including pictures which was very useful and tempted me into giving them a try. Unfortunately the money was taken straight away and I had to wait over 2 months for one order - in the end they delievered but its just not acceptable (and it seems illeagal). The £3.50 postage is enough to put me off any way.

Be great if Wheelspin comment in this thread as it sounds like they are losing customers.

Well I've got to say, I've ordered a couple of times from them and both times the service has been fine. E-mail confirming order and dispatch and package received within a day or two. Admittedly the postage is a bit pricey for small purchases, but being recorded at least it gets to you safely.