• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The poor looks of most offroad petrol cars

Joe Tosh

I suppose in time I'll get a petrol car, I'm just reading a lot to make up my mind what to buy.

Now tbh, most petrol cars are quite hideous in my opinion: FG Marder, FG Baja, all MCD-models, same for Lauterbacher and Hormann... :wacko:

To me, the only goodlooking petrol cars are Baja 5B and FG monster-series :)

I just can't understand why they wouldn't make nicer looking cars like a lot of 1/10 and 1/8 Traxxas, HPI, Losi etc.. models. Just look at a Rustler, Firestorm, Savage, E-maxx, Jato, Monster Baja, etc... and you know what I mean.

Just wondering, am I the only one thinking that? :D

Yes I have, and I don't doubt it's a very good car... But the shell just isn't nice! :confused:

I guess personal taste can't be discussed ey? :)

Nope :)

The shell looks cheap in white, a friend had his in like a copper/browny colour, looked quite nice, but again, its personal taste.

Personally i think that the best looking cars are, in order:

1.Hpi Baja 5b/ss/clone

2.Horman ht1/ht2

3.MCD Racerunner

4.Monster Beetle/Truck/Stad Pro

5.FG Leopard

6.Lauterbacher Monster-Truck

And in my opinion the worst are, in order:

1.FG Baja (ford ka)

2.FG Marder (tractor)

3.Smartech Gator/Hobbypro Mutilator (tractor clones)

4.Carson Commanche (plastic fantastic)

5.Elcon Cleon (fugly without shell)

6.ShengQi (anything)

Oh and the Nitrotek XRC/XRC2 buggys dont look all that clever.

Again this is only my opinion so please dont grill me lol.

Edited by ch4v4l1f3

Im newbie and would love Any 1/5th Scale Suppose u allways could make it look better even if u did by a Cheap one there must be hop ups better Cases Wheels etc probley same with engine etc u can allways mod it up and stuff make it faster.

suppose there is Taste and that 2 but i would love any 1/5 :P

The car is designed to perform first and foremost, unfortunately the way that the engine layout and drive is positioned it leaves not alot of choice on how a shell looks. The shell does what it is designed to, give protection & some deflection to mud, water etc.

As for saying a model looks ugly with the shell off... try and design one for yourself :ph34r: lol they are built that way because it works.

trouble is though there is only so many times i could drive round and round a field before wanting to jump it lol, so i think i would probably go for the Baja as at least it looks like you can get a bit of air with them. the fg's look like it would be easier to jump a brick lol.

trouble is though there is only so many times i could drive round and round a field before wanting to jump it lol, so i think i would probably go for the Baja as at least it looks like you can get a bit of air with them. the fg's look like it would be easier to jump a brick lol.

Click on link below, its a short vid of my MB Pro doing a bit of air last week.. jumps dont look all that big in the vid... but i can tell you some were over 5ft. My FG has very few hop ups so its mostly stock & nope...nothing broke :)

biggest jump in vid is about 2min 4sec mark :)

Edited by rctruckz

^^^^Youve linked to the embed code instead of the url so the link doesnt work.

Damo

fixed ...im tired...thats my excuse!! :D

im going out again tommoz with my mate (he has a hellfire) ..so will prob be another vid inc :)

Edited by rctruckz