• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HBX VRX-1/VTX-ST1

I've had a HBX VRX-1 and it was ok,not the best by a long shot but certainly good for fun use and was pretty fast too.If you go for either of these id get the HBX cos the parts are easier to get.The VRX-2 buggy is good to and seen some race sucess here and the States.The VRX-1 has a SH .28 engine and when broken in right and tuned are pretty damn pokey and produce more power than most other .28s from more established brands.... :good:

If you want to go racing at club level the VRX would be ok,the Lightning Stadium Sport is getting old now but its still a good buy and I'd get one of them rather than the VRX to be honest.If you want a competative truggy then you;ll have to look at higher end models like Hong Nor CRT and Hyper ST... :)

rite so club level is like at my track where i go now (nook raceway) SO get the vrx for down there iwont be doing brca chapionships with it im only 12 nearly 13

and thanxs

Edited by r.lepecha

I bought a VRX rolling chassis off Ebay a few months ago, You can always tell when when a car has not had much use, And this had not, It looked almost new,I had a spare engine and all the other stuff so thought why not, Well first time out the car leaned to far back, landed on the wing and snapped the whole thing off, you could tell by looking that it was the wrong sort of plastic (crap), Then about an hour later something that just about summed it up, It managed to shear one of the pins in the front UJ which then fell apart.

They also use a silly 11 tooth clutch bell which makes it hard to use normal clutch bells without cutting the chassis out a bit for the flywheel, It's not all bad, It comes with alloy chassis braces and the hing pins seem to sit in rubber witch eliminates any slop in the arms, but the body is paper thin.

In my opinion, stay away, 220 quid is not cheap these days, At the risk of sounding like a stuck record you really can't go wrong with This,75 quid more I know, but worth every penny.