• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

tamiya tl-01 truck... shock question!?

naymo

:)

Still relatively new to the game and i have a tl-01 stadium raider that i have got the cva mini shock hop up to put on but which of the settings is ideal for off-roadin'? soft, standard or stiff piston? Long or short spring? and which of the you shaped clips would be best to use?

hi naymo

it depends on the surface

shingle (gravel) i would opt fairly hard setting as there wont be much body roll or hard landings

jumps

here you can go a little sorter you want the truck to soak up the bumps and rolls of the surface

on my mini rc18t truck i have a rule this is if i drop it onto the floor from 2 foot i want it to stop dead and not bounce try a large shim on the rear shocks and a medium on the front drop the truck from about a foot from the ground and observe the recoil of shock system at work this will give you a idea on settings you want

long springs for heavy offroad light springs for rally style gravel racing

Hth

TC

Thx 4 that! have tried them as said with soft piston/long springs (gives more clearance!) but i now have a problem with it rolling..... will the long arm set help "level" things out?? :ph34r:

no it won't....long wishbones will let the car roll more...because the tl01 chassis isn't very 'tuneable' then only thing you could try and do is put a harder spring ont o stop it rolling a bit..help it corner a bit flatter.

i dont see how it wouldnt help as the car would be wider and more stable. and you said that it will allow the car to roll more so this would help stop it going all the way over.

300zx..trust me, longer wishbones will allow the car to roll more...so keeping the shorter wishbones he has at the moment will let the car corner flatter and roll less.

having a wider car doesn't nessecarily make it more stable...thats whata longer wheelbase does....wider or narrower will just effect how the car rolls.