• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Corby/Weldon/Kettering/Northampton and surrounding

Indie

Hi there,

Anyone local then? I am just about to get my Hyper 7 .28 off my GF at Christmas just wondering if anyone is local and where abouts they bash etc

Weldon Park and East Carlton have rather large spaces to drive though and there is a pretty good Bike track at the West Glebe Park but I'd probably get mugged and they'd steal my car if I went there

Let me know anyway,

Chris

Edited by Indie

I must be the only guy around here that is on the Forum,

Explains why my LMS is so pants then lol

Anyone know of good sites in Leicestershire and Cambridgeshire. They aren't that far from me really and I drive so it's not a problem.

Chris :whistling:

Hey Tain

Where abouts do you go Bashing in Kettering?

Hi chris

At the moment i take the cars to one of the local school fields, but that is pants.

Would like to find somwhere better.

Ps my name is martin.

Any ideas?????

Edited by tain

Hi chris

At the moment i take the cars to one of the local school fields, but that is pants.

Would like to find somwhere better.

Ps my name is martin.

Any ideas?????

Hey Martin,

Well the West Glebe park in Corby has a pretty smart BMX track in it. Probably safer to use in the day lol

I have heard someone saying there is a Quarry in Kettering thats pretty good for bashing in but really don't know where it is. I'll try and get some Pics of West Glebe uploaded.

Chris

Hi chris

A bloke i know has a FG Leopard race

He used to take his to a place called Skew Bridge near Rushden, just off the A45

It is a dis used dry ski slope

The only prob is people take motorcross bikes there, so don't know how safe it is

Might try it out over the xmas break . If the wife will let me!

:rolleyes::cold:

Hi chris

A bloke i know has a FG Leopard race

He used to take his to a place called Skew Bridge near Rushden, just off the A45

It is a dis used dry ski slope

The only prob is people take motorcross bikes there, so don't know how safe it is

Might try it out over the xmas break . If the wife will let me!

:rolleyes::cold:

Yeah I've heard of that place. It's supposed to be pretty good.

I'll probably take a drive over there at some point once the car is all Run in and I get the Spekky set that I want,

• 5 months later...
Yeah I've heard of that place. It's supposed to be pretty good.

I'll probably take a drive over there at some point once the car is all Run in and I get the Spekky set that I want,

Hi, guys if you fancy visiting a local club then why not visit the one I'm involved in.

We are currently moving from our dirt track to an all weather surface, track area is 40m by 60m and should be open in August for all year round racing.

All scales will be welcome, the track will be layed out on the lanscaped surface and contains 4m wide jumps. The track is designed for 1/6th off road racing but you will all be welcome.

So dont be afraid we are a friendly bunch of racers, keep watching the website for progress or drop by to see what we are up to.

See you soon,

Hi guys

Im from kettering.

North Park in kettering isnt too bad, there is even a little track of somekind which is naff, but a quality 35 degree ramp :) my tmaxx likes that, yet to take the beetle there though...

Im not sure whats left of kettering woods or even the old quarry havent been up that way in years.. ill try and have a look at the weekend..

Woodford guys have just got this setup

http://teambud.forumup.com/

Thats where i have been going.

:P Lil ole me. The post aboves junki's is from Darren, he runs the Nene valley raceway, from which woodford branched off from and we wanted a little practice track to run on while the Nene was moved and re-build.

Thanks Malc, The Nenes more than me!!

Woodford "Nene B", ask them to explain the "B" or forum title was formed so their could be some winter bashing whilst the Nene was waiting for its all weather surface to arrive.

Its here and about to be laid.

the first time I met Malc was down the Nene just as we decided to move locations and he was 110% behind his nitro vehicles but as I told him then and earlier this year he would see the light ^_^

The next thing I hear he's purchased his attack for less than most of you paid for your nitros! He's never looked back.

Have a look at the Nene's gallery and see if you can spot Malc's attack at the 2nd National meeting at Warstone earlier this season.

Keep watching the forums for news on the Nene and expect to be racing your vehicles around it come August.

Hehe the warstone nationals, they were fun :D A great experience and i met many great guys. They're the kind of things that make you sure you want to continue on in these kind of hobbys. Petrol all the way :wub:

Was a good national that weekend, and again the weekend just gone.

For those who want to see the race report then look at pages 79 & 80 of the August issue of RRCI, see if you can spot young Malc, George and Dom at all!!

Large scale off road got over 8 pages what with Steve's MCD report and mine. Nice action pics in both if I say so!

Edited by lsordaz

• 12 years later...