• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Clutch Trouble

andyc277

I've been away from the hobby for a while due to moving jobs, house and baby arriving. So i thought it was time to dig out my car and get back to it.

I have a Kyosho Pureten GP Alpha 4WD. I gave it a once over checked all was tight and secure, lubricated/oil the appropriate parts charged the glow plug then . . . . nothing. I think the problem is a dodgy glow plug/starter. However i did notice that the engine wouldnt provide motion through to the clutch bell. On closer inspection the problem is the bell slipping around the shoes and wont move the cogs.

Any help appreciated.

:helpsmilie:

I've been away from the hobby for a while due to moving jobs, house and baby arriving. So i thought it was time to dig out my car and get back to it.

I have a Kyosho Pureten GP Alpha 4WD. I gave it a once over checked all was tight and secure, lubricated/oil the appropriate parts charged the glow plug then . . . . nothing. I think the problem is a dodgy glow plug/starter. However i did notice that the engine wouldnt provide motion through to the clutch bell. On closer inspection the problem is the bell slipping around the shoes and wont move the cogs.

Any help appreciated.

The clutch bell wont move untill the engine is running fast enough to engage the clutch and then you get drive. change the glo-plug, make sure youve got fresh fuel in it and your glo-starter is fully charged, should be ok, if not it may just need a tune up as they can go out of sync if left over time.

Any help appreciated.

Did you get the engine started? If not then the clutch bell doesn't turn with the engine, it only turns when the engine is spinning fast enough to engage the clutch.

If you did get it started then it could be worn/broken/stiff/oily clutch shoes, it's worth checking them out.