• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bad Stories

Evil_Sheep

Oops, sorry rong catagory, please move to off-topic

Just thought i'd start a topic on bad times people have had, my recent bad sotry to tell is, i bought an item off fleabay for $20, ju7st recieved it and had to pay £12.30 on customs because on the package he marked it up as being worth $50 :angry: but anyway, anyone got any others to tell of?

Edited by Evil_Sheep

Just thought i'd start a topic on bad times people have had, my recent bad sotry to tell is, i bought an item off fleabay for $20, ju7st recieved it and had to pay £12.30 on customs because on the package he marked it up as being worth $50 :angry: but anyway, anyone got any others to tell of?

ye i have a little thing with lamposts on morrisons car parks

lets just say ive replaced my fron end about 7 times and i have an xtm xt2 and the parts are pricy rofl

errrm

im just full of unlucky-ness and i realy want it to stop!!!!

any spells tips or hint SERIOUSLY welcome :rolleyes:

could go on for hours into detail im just hoping karma sorts this mess out and sorts me the good hand

ye i have a little thing with lamposts on morrisons car parks

lets just say ive replaced my fron end about 7 times and i have an xtm xt2 and the parts are pricy rofl

sounds like your a crap drive ri doubt the posts move?

sounds like your a crap drive ri doubt the posts move?

havent u seem them at night? :P

The have wild parties!!

j/k :P

i have got plenty :)

Me + Nitro fuel + Flame = Me in casulty With lovely 2nd deg burns

There ur bed time story as im off to bed

Ziggy

donno why you call that a bad thing cos i orded a moto 6 disc brakes for my bike and took over a month got a letter and said was held at customs so i had to pay an extra £90 for a £270 brakes from the US. and to top that i got no feedback form him and ive asked loads of times.

for the rest of bad stories i will say em but you just dont wanna know as there are to many....

I wasnt there at the time but i friend of mine was at a race meeting and he was charging and his generator was running low on fuel so instead of stoppping it he just refueled it while it was still going and he spilt a laod of petrol and it set fire to his genertor and half the corn field next to the pittign area:D

The worst thing ive done is i ran over some dog ****¹ on my bike looked back to see if i had gone though it and sorta rode into a street lamp and banged my head on the streat lamp and sorta fell off lol.

One final one i promise chirstmas night a few years back i was riding hme on my bike rom my nans so we could have a drink my uncle was on hi motor bike so as they went past we waved and i wasnt looking where i was going and i run into the back of a car breaking the rear lights :s

OK OK one more :) final one was leeting my dad have a go with my first ever RC a nitro touring car cen GX1 to be precise and he had it for a minute and he had the whole of a huge carpark

and he pits a conrete pillar and takes most of the front end off and knocks the engine out of line :s

Thats it i promise :)

A

If thats the worst thats happened to you, god help you when you start working full time, you'll find that your robbed of a lot more than £12.30!

Worst time I had - no car, no job, no life... but thats all changed now.... learnt from my mistakes.

Riding my bike... I was looking down at my speedo to see how fast I was going then BANG.... Id rode straight into a parked up Reliant Robin, I ended up on the bonet!

I've done sumet similar :P

I was messing about with my shiity appollo's rear brake cable as it come out, and rode into the hip height things that seperate the pavement for pedestrians and cyclists :lol:

Ziggy

Hi new to the forum some people may recognise me from je spares forum.

anyways my bike related mishap happened just yesterday. Like usual i rode out of the school gates on my way home frm school. Startyed riding down the road got in to a nice high gear doing around 25 30 mph when the car in front of me started to brake so i calmly aplied my brakes to find some idiot had disconected my brakes for a laugh. At this point the world seemed to go into slo moton as i made up my mind what to do. 1I could have gone pilling into the brand new BMW 1 series in frot of me. 2 i could have overtaken the bmw and go head on with a range rover sport 3 mount the pavement to the left of me and mow done about 50 school kids. 4 mount the pavement to my rigt which had 2 monthers two prams and a toddler. Or 5 turn hard right avoid being hit by the range rover and try and go down the road to my right. In that nanosecond i obviously went for option five the one with the least risk of me being seriosly hurt or anyone else. Except my brain had foget to add the fact that i was doing about 30 mph. Nevertheles i made a sharp right turn my knee almost touching the ground proper moto gp stylee (obviously at the time i didn't think that) . This was when i found the downsides to having super nobbly downhill racing tyres on a wet and greasy road absolutely no grip and huge understere so much so that the bike almost completely failed to turn but just enough to aim me straight for someones garden wall. At this point i had given up on preventing the accident and just accepted that i was going to get hurt. So on i went still at high speed as my failed evasive turning failed to kill anyspeed sraight up on to the pavemrnt and then straight into the wall. The obvious happened front wheel made impact i went straight over the top flying throught he air at about 5 feet then promptly landed on the side of my face slid along it until i came into contact with a nice hard wall. I laid unconscious for an unknown period of time before gaining consciousness to find my self laying in a pool of my own blood that seemed to be leeking from several plces at once. I picked myself up still dazed and confused and thought ow ****¹ my bike. which happend to be a old rare downhill bike with a frame worth over £500 and i had just spent £400 modenising it and completely rebuilding it. Any ways i climbed back over the wall still mopping my face of blood to find that i had completely mashed my front wheel ( the rim alone was worth £50) and also slightly buckled the rear where it must have spin round and hit the other side of the wall. I picked the bike up and started to drag the bike home. It took me an hour to get home. Once i was home i told my dad what happened so he took me to hospital. With my local hospital being one of the worst in the country it took me 3 hours to be seen and then told i was low on the priority list and i had to wait longer 2 hours later and several stiches i was on my way home still with a massaive headache. Apparently i should have gone straight to a and e when it happened.

and all of that because someone fancied a laugh. :angry::angry::angry:

i dont leave my bike near school, as i know people let ur tires down and everything....

I leave mine at a house closish :) where its watch over :P

Then there is a dog who hears any1 coming throught the gate :P

But notice alot of us are bikers and always seem to get hurt? :lol:

My last accident left with a swollen nea which is still dead in places 5 weeks later :o

Ziggy

i got a bike one,

riding my DMR down a recently plowed hill, and simple as, i hit a massive lump, and flew at least 4 metres through the air, (which is along way when your in the air) i was lucky to land almost feet first, bike was fine, just caked in mud and usual stuff like seat bent, handlebars un-straightened etc.

another time, i was running through a privately owned woods with m8s (friends wood) airsofting , when i tried to vault a log and fell onto my chest, winding me, that wasnt the bad thing. The other team thought i was prone, and still fighting, and kept shooting me for 10 mins until they realized i was in massive pain :boredlook: i must of got hit 100 times in the head from 15 metres...

Ruthless Potato- ive also had something like that, when my hydraulic brake sprang a miraculous leak, how i have no idea, cause it really shouldnt have, anyway, it de-pressurises the brake making it useless, on a downhill track, and a front brake without a back on is useless, unless you like flying over the front, (especially with Hydraulic brakes cause its hard to get a smooth stopping speed with the front brake) so there werent many options, apart from do the track without slowing down at all, it was the biggest thrill ever, because i couldnt slow down in any way, so i hurtled down a 1:3 gradient track at over 30 mph. Luckily by applying the slightest amount of force to the brake possible i could slow down very slowly. If i had of had no brakes at all like you, i would of got properly hurt i reckon, as i had at least half way to go before the end of the track,

Edited by samij121

last year i was in Serbia for Christmas snowboarding and there wasn't a huge amount of snow, i was riding down and a little girl fell over on ski's in front of me i tried to go round her and just hit ice and fell and hurt my wrist this was on Christmas day.

So i rested for a day and put a bandage on as i didn't want to waste my holiday, when i got home after a week of skiing/snowboarding the swelling on my arm had gone down and i noticed it wasnt straight xD. basically ended up spending new years day having surgery to fix it.....

and all of that because someone fancied a laugh. :angry::angry::angry:

Grrr...

I remember that our school uniform had compulsory heeled shoes (not girly heels, mind you). These were great for stopping in a hurry, just shove the heel inbetween the spokes.

Trickiest bit was explaining to the parents how I'd ruined another pair of school shoes... :whistling: