• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

pinions

andy_n

rite then the pinion on my tc is 48dp pitch but the distance between the center and the teeth is different its bigger so if you try put a norma lpinion on it wont line up

any ideas where i can get these from

is a brass thing

ye the original one does but its wayyyy over geared so i want a smaller pinion but the pinion is a weird bras hting thats different to all my other pinions

so wanted ot know if any one knew what they were or if theyd seen them anywere

following that ill try mod the motor mount so the motor moves more

Edited by andy_n

Looking at the exploded diagram it looks like the motor mount is non-adjustable so you are fixed with the pinion size unless you can adapt the motor mount so you are able to move the motor closer to the spur gear. You should then be able to fit a smaller pinion.

From the exploded diagram, its motor meshing technique is the same as a TC3/4. Loosen the top motor clamp and move the motor closer to the centre of the car, then retighten the clamp.

Not quite sure what you mean by the pinion size though, how many teeth does it have?And how many does the pinion from the B4 have?

both the same teeth 26 and they both if like run ontop of the spur feel to mesh fine but there just diferent in size

i could probably modfy the motor mount to have more movement but wanted to onow if theres any proper pinions

yep iv had a quick look at the tc3 motor mount and its pretty much the same i hope i can find some pinions or get it sorted cos it seems a pretty good car apart from this

Edited by andy_n

If they ae same number of teeth, then they won't both be 48dp. If its 26t and bigger than the one from the B4, its likely to be 32dp. Mardave's and Traxxas's (E-Maxx, Rustler, Stampede) are all 32dp.

well i went into the garage and doid abit of filing and got it to just mesh reasonable on a 19t 48dp pinion its abit loose but it will do it goes like stink acceleration is really good aswell

20 t would be spot on i reckon