• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

restricted bikes speed

rockers

hi guys as you could see from my other topic about a motorbike test, well im going to do my test and i will be limited to a bike with or been restricted to 33 bhp , now ive been looking at maybe getting a 400cc bike up to a 650cc am still looking , but can anyone tell me a rought idea of speed you get out off a bike of say 400cc thats been restricted to 33bhp ? the gearing would remain the same would it get to its normal top speed or just not have the power ?

its not that im guna be going over the speed limit of 70 :whistling: just would be nnice to know

also would the front end come up on one or would it need some clutch ?

thanks

Rocky

errm i know a few guys with 400's alot of them dont have them restricted,

but i know one lad who had it restricted an it hit a ton plus,

well rs125's hit a ton pretty easy, so a 400 should have no worries..

it will be fast enough..

^^^^^ exactly the same here mate lol, probs bigger than you, and my 125 hates me lol, still gets 55-70 tho ;)

A 400 would pull a big guy easy mate dont worry, the front end will come up, it will be fast, and itll fly off the mark

Used to work with bikes, so im pretty confident what i said is 100% accurate lol

alot of it will depend how it is restricted up either the carb or exaust if it is on the carb side it restricts the air and fuel flow to the engine causes you not to have full power and it is illegal to remove the resticters plates intill you are of legal age to ride a motor bike with full power but there no way of mister plod telling if you have 33bhp or 130 bhp at the side of the road wink wink

Turner Boy

probs bigger than you,
i wish im nearly 18 stone lol :angry: and now im waiting for the comments 'lose some weight if you wana go faster' its all muscle i swear :P

A restricted R6 will hit about 106mph ish... get the certificate of restriction then take washers out of the carbs...jobs a good un =]

*edit*

I've read previously if a cop biker pulls you and he has reason to believe your bike aint restricted he can ride it and tell (as it's quite obvious when you ride it) or if you refuse to let it, impound it awaiting dyno testing etc...tough choice tbh :P

Edited by Josh

having a 50 de-restricted is also illegal,

It's not, as long as you get it registered as a proper bike.

Also my uncle told me about some cars that he has seen on TV. Aparrently you can drive them when you are 16, and they are like Smart cars...

dunnos I remember when I was a kiddy watching bluepeter and they had a 3 wheeled car you could drive @ 16 and I was desperate to have it one day ahaha!

Not sure on the licensing for it, maybe provisional moped that you can get at 16?

yer ive got a 125 atm where would the restrictions be ? im going to be buying a new exhaust abecause the one atm is rusty as , will be getting a standered pipe with a alu sport can says its got no restrictions in the can so would that make me alce faster ?

I can't be bothered reading some of the daft posts folk have been writing so...

A 400 inline 4 (ceeber, gixxer, kwak etc) will do about 110ish with a light/small rider than can get tucked in behind the screen, where as a larger/heavier rider it may struggle as there is obviously more weight and air resistance. A V4 may do a bit more, as they seem to have more torque so you may be looking at about 110 with a larger rider. Although an unrestricted 400 will only do about 130 anway...pointless.

What you have to look at is how much torque they produce and where, no good having a 400 that redlines at 15/16k and produces max torque at 12/13k as the restrictors obviously restrict the revs, so if you can't rev upto where the max torque is produced then it will ride like a sack of poop.

You better of looking at a twin if you don't fancy a single. Even something like an sv650 will ride A LOT better than an old 400 as they produce more torque lower down the rev range. Plus they have more modern suspension (and gixxer 6 front forks fit straight on :ph34r: )

If you are so obsessed with getting a big sports then i'd go for a 600 personally, fairly newish (02/03) as they don't rev has high as a 400 and the torque is produced lower (although still around 9/10k). Also when you do de-restrict it (Whether it be before the 2 years is up or after..they will do 160 and 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds rather than 130 and 0-60 in about 4.5)

The best bikes to restrict at singles, although you won't find any sports/semi-sports out there that are singles, only boring commuters or trailies. But they produce ALL the torque really low down, even though they might only produce 50/60hp (for a 600/650) they will still do the tonne restricted, and they will ride ALOT better than any restricted sports bike.

I see someone mentioned an de-restricted rs125/mito will produce 30-33hp. You can't ride one of them on an A2 restricted license. As it isn't just the power that you are restricted to, its the power to weight ratio (something daft like 0.16hp per kg). And a bike weighing 110kp with 33hp certainly doesn't come under that :P

Meh, forget it, get it restricted for the certificate/dyno print out so you have proof, take them out and just don't crash at high speed. And don't get caught doing over the tonne and you will be fine B)

I can't be bothered reading some of the daft posts folk have been writing so...

A 400 inline 4 (ceeber, gixxer, kwak etc) will do about 110ish with a light/small rider than can get tucked in behind the screen, where as a larger/heavier rider it may struggle as there is obviously more weight and air resistance. A V4 may do a bit more, as they seem to have more torque so you may be looking at about 110 with a larger rider. Although an unrestricted 400 will only do about 130 anway...pointless.

What you have to look at is how much torque they produce and where, no good having a 400 that redlines at 15/16k and produces max torque at 12/13k as the restrictors obviously restrict the revs, so if you can't rev upto where the max torque is produced then it will ride like a sack of poop.

You better of looking at a twin if you don't fancy a single. Even something like an sv650 will ride A LOT better than an old 400 as they produce more torque lower down the rev range. Plus they have more modern suspension (and gixxer 6 front forks fit straight on :ph34r: )

If you are so obsessed with getting a big sports then i'd go for a 600 personally, fairly newish (02/03) as they don't rev has high as a 400 and the torque is produced lower (although still around 9/10k). Also when you do de-restrict it (Whether it be before the 2 years is up or after..they will do 160 and 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds rather than 130 and 0-60 in about 4.5)

The best bikes to restrict at singles, although you won't find any sports/semi-sports out there that are singles, only boring commuters or trailies. But they produce ALL the torque really low down, even though they might only produce 50/60hp (for a 600/650) they will still do the tonne restricted, and they will ride ALOT better than any restricted sports bike.

I see someone mentioned an de-restricted rs125/mito will produce 30-33hp. You can't ride one of them on an A2 restricted license. As it isn't just the power that you are restricted to, its the power to weight ratio (something daft like 0.16hp per kg). And a bike weighing 110kp with 33hp certainly doesn't come under that :P

Meh, forget it, get it restricted for the certificate/dyno print out so you have proof, take them out and just don't crash at high speed. And don't get caught doing over the tonne and you will be fine B)

What God said..

alot of it will depend how it is restricted up either the carb or exaust if it is on the carb side it restricts the air and fuel flow to the engine causes you not to have full power and it is illegal to remove the resticters plates intill you are of legal age to ride a motor bike with full power but there no way of mister plod telling if you have 33bhp or 130 bhp at the side of the road wink wink

You are a numpty aren't you. A carbed bike uses a restrictor just after the carb/s that restrictors how much fuel/air can get tot he engine. On large bikes they don't restrict them with the exhausts.

Some FI bikes have a restrictor plate just after the injectors. Although i know triumphs use a throttle stop (which at 35 quid is a lot cheaper than FI internationals 200 quid for the washers)

Also remember, at around 110/120mph your clocks are about 10-15mph out. so you might get an indicated 110 but in reality your doing 95 (Which may help you with the plod if your nice :D )

ok so whats my best bet then captain caveman , i mean a ton will be fast enuff, mean like overtakeing power is what id like , flat out speed i'l wait till after 2 years,

so..... i want a bike that would do a ton and sound nice ... was looking at a bandit or something , after 2 years of riding a restricted bike i think by then i would buy a faster bike , but just want something for the 2 years ,

Thanks for the help guys

Rocky