• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i want to start racing

mikecontrola

I want to start racing with my nitro car, what are the rules an regulations that i have to know.... plus the big question, where.. i live in a town called Wilmslow thats 10 miles south of Manchester , i was told that Liverpool is the nearest place for me to race.

what do i have to do to enter a race... bored playing on the main road annoying other road users.

Mike T

Oh its a Traxxas Nitro 4Tec, 2.5TRX..

First you will probably need to join the BRCA (some clubs let you race a couple of times before you join, just to see if you like it).

You will then get a handbook with all the rules and regs in it. To be honest, most clubs are fairly relaxed on the rules when its just a club meeting, and you wont have to have your car checked over after every race unless your doing a national or something similer.

Not sure about the club. Go to www.brca.org and click on clubs. That will tell you where your nearest club is. You will love racing, especialy when it is just a club day when everything is relaxed, no one is in a rush and the atmosphere is just that little bit better.