• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lovely day

rockers

took my xtm xt2 out today for the 1st time in months , made sure it started at home , went down a local skate park with a big open conrete area, wamred the bug up and have some fun, and alot or it, powerslide only problem is when i go to steer the car rolls over abit and nearly turns over somethoimes it did, anyideas ?

Rocky

dont steer and throttle at the same time as this had happend to me or you can adjust the wheels so they point into each orther this wont give you as small of turning circle but it will stop you from rolling it when you turn

Yeah i've done that, makes a big difference, still ... its too easy to roll though :P

Agreed - the Savage is a bit pants at going round corners. :shockingscary:

Thinking of maybe getting the lower CG chassis for mine, though I don't want to hop up to something that might affect the Savage's robustness - I want something that takes the knocks most of all.

Anyone any experience with the Savage lower CG chassis??

if i moved the shocks so there in farther away holes ....lowering , do i want hard or soft springd

Soft - as this will allow the car to roll within the suspension

If the suspension is too hard the car will physically roll :)

If ur having troubles with the car flipping over when steerings - consider getting anti-roll bars which adjust the oppersite sides Arms to keep all the wheels on the ground :)

Hyper 7's have 1 on the rear - i tried without it once and it does make a difference

If 1 on the rear is not enough try one on the front as well as :)

But yes - making the suspension "soft" to allow in suspension rolling instead of flipping :)

Ziggy

with my car (thundertiger DT10)

ive changed loads but neva had anti-roll bars needed but yes they do help

im not correcting you ziggy

but i found that when my shocks were really soft the car rolled more often

but you can always test to see what option you rather rockers

;)

Edited by RC K1D

yer if i put the power on when turnng i ither get a burning rubber powerslide or it flips , ive got the front quite soft atm so will lower it and soften it then try , thanks guys

Yeah if the suspension is soft it can make it roll easier as it sinks more when you corner kinda making it flip.

TBH the savage is never gonna be a racing truck its not the way its made, getting lower TVPs will make it better though but why bother ? :D

Soft - as this will allow the car to roll within the suspension

If the suspension is too hard the car will physically roll :)

If ur having troubles with the car flipping over when steerings - consider getting anti-roll bars which adjust the oppersite sides Arms to keep all the wheels on the ground :)

Hyper 7's have 1 on the rear - i tried without it once and it does make a difference

If 1 on the rear is not enough try one on the front as well as :)

But yes - making the suspension "soft" to allow in suspension rolling instead of flipping :)

Ziggy

I have front and rear roll bars! Still grip roll the car! If you turn to sharp with the throttle wide open it's bound to roll over! On loose stuff the rear end slips out for much fun and games!! lol