• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Reciever Ariel Broke

geo-hovis

Forgot to say this before I went away but I crashed my car doing so my reciever ariel is now 3inches long!! I need to get a new one but what do I need to do to get it fixed? Someone told my I have to cut the old one off as short as possible and ten solder a new one to the reciever. Aslo can I get a stronger ariel cover to protect it abit more?

same thing happened to my Revo reciever ariel when i flipped it and ripped the ariel out.

i got some thicker ariel wire from maplins and soldered it back on to the reciever circut board.

Trust me it was easy, i havent soldered since school which was a while back.

I would say its best to solder a new wire on completly then trying to attach two wires together.

Joining two wires is dead easy when you know how! Just twist the two (bare) ends together then tin (coat) with solder! Don't know if you can get stronger ariel tube, be cool if they did a carbon one! Although that would probably splinter!!

Don't know if you can get stronger ariel tube, be cool if they did a carbon one! Although that would probably splinter!!

that really would not be cool would snap as soon as you where on your roof the flexable ones are the best like the traxxas ones