• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I have just been given this!

Hello this is my first post.

I have just aquired a Thunder Tiger Champion 45s, which is around 7 years old and has been left part built in a boiler room since it was started (which is believed to be close to the purchase date). The plane is currently in two main pieces wings built and fuselage with rear wings and tail fitted. All flaps and rudder have been fitted but none of the connecting rods have been attached. there is no engine or RC equipment. The only thing that appear to be wrong with it would be some of the glue on the tail has started to go off (due to the heat it has endured in the last 7 years).

So on that note firstly what is a rough gestermate of cost to get it in a airworthy state and secondly is it worth doing as a first plane project or would I be better starting with something a little smaller?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks chris.

Have you got any pictures? I did a quick Google for it and came up with nothing.

I fly RC Planes (proper ones, not the cheap stuff :) ). Basically, I would say that if it isn't a high wing plane, you'll have difficulty controlling it with no experience. You need a high wing trainer (that is, wing on top). Not to say you can't control it, but more than likely it'll just go straight into the ground.

If I could see a picture of it, it'd help me help you lol.

Andrew

Have you got any pictures? I did a quick Google for it and came up with nothing.

I fly RC Planes (proper ones, not the cheap stuff :) ). Basically, I would say that if it isn't a high wing plane, you'll have difficulty controlling it with no experience. You need a high wing trainer (that is, wing on top). Not to say you can't control it, but more than likely it'll just go straight into the ground.

If I could see a picture of it, it'd help me help you lol.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.

Its not a High Wing Plane, It says on the instruction its for stunt flying, at the moment flying does not bother me as I will train on something else until I feel confident in flying this plane. I dont have a picture of it, but have found one Here

Thanks again for replying