• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need help with Revo

vybez

Morning all,

Im fairly new to nitro cars and have purchased a Revo 3.3 from modelsport.

All was going gravy at the start, managed to get it started and the break in period was fine, following all the instructions in the manual closely, that was on Saturday.

On the saturday after the break in and on about the 7th tank the glow plug went, but luckily i had one spare. I put that in and it was fine. The car was changing into second gear no problem

On Sunday i got her out again, planing to do some tuning. It was a hot day and i was on a large field, with full throttle open for a while (over five seconds). Once again the glow plug failed after about 2 tanks of fuel. So i replaced it.

When the car was running again i decied to lean the mix with the High speed screw turning it 1/16 clockwise, then adjusted the idle turning anticlockwise to slow it down. I did a few high speed laps and noticed the car was not changing into second gear, and just revving the [CENSORED] out of first. After about 1/2 tank the glow plug went again (and i didnt have any spare) so i called it a day. Gonna get some more tonight.

My questions are.

How long should a glow plug last (surley more than i tank)?

Why is the car not changing into second, i only adjusted the screw 1/16 of a turn?

This is the first time the car has been tuned since factory setting.

Any help is cool :-)

Just wanna say how impresssed i am with the performance and handling of my Revo.... worth every penny

Cheers

Vybez

sounds like it stills needs a bit more tuning.do you know what temps its running? as it sounds like its running hot to kill the plugs that fast :shockingscary: welcome to the forum :good:

Cheers for the quick reply mate, the forums wicked.

Im not sure what temps im running, but it was a hot day and the thottle was open for a while.

When people say you should a nice trail of blue smoke what do they mean, how thick should it be. before either leaning the mix there werent that much blue smoke but could that have something to do with how hot it was.

Either way im going to have another go at tuning tonight. fingers crossed everything will go cool.

Cheers for the quick reply mate, the forums wicked.

Im not sure what temps im running, but it was a hot day and the thottle was open for a while.

When people say you should a nice trail of blue smoke what do they mean, how thick should it be. before either leaning the mix there werent that much blue smoke but could that have something to do with how hot it was.

Either way im going to have another go at tuning tonight. fingers crossed everything will go cool.

more than likly out of tune, too hot

follow post 3 and don't use tornado fuel with that engine

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3368

even more problems now.

took revo out when i got back from work, started it up and done a few laps. still it wouldnt change into second gear and just rev the [CENSORED] out of first gear, there is plenty of blue smoke coming so it defo is not to lean. the only tuning i have done is the high speed needle slightly following dazzi guide.

so after half a tank the glow plug went, (the engine was red hot)...... i fitted another and restarted

done another 2 laps and still wouldnt change, leaned it a little and still the same.

Then it all went horrible, i pulled the thottle and the car would not move and just rev really loud. after stopping the car i noticed some of the spur gear teeth had worn down. could this be the problem.

i have only had the car since saturday, i have flipped it a few times but nothing major.

any help is appreciated

cheers

hi sorry to hear your having problems

it is common that new cars wont click in 2nd gear till all the tuning is done. so where you have the gears you should see a hole for a small alen key. adjust it to the manual says and keep trying it till your happy.

to tell if its changed gear is you should he a very quick pause in the engine noise.

hope this helps and enjoy

Any joy?

which brand glo plug using also fuel brand an nitro%? when i using traxxas motor ideal plugs for me where Os A3 or nova rossi C4 with 25% byron.the carb has another screw called Low end needle this controls thottle response an also governs fuel in at idle your screw maybe on a leanish setting give it 1/4 anticlockwise(open>> richer) also top end needle may need opening back bit.

no.tighten it will give u more traction, an concrete u'll wheelie on grass u'll wheel spin.I forgot to mention check the fuel tank for air leak.

this maybe cause of blowing plugs as leaning out/ lack of fuel etc..

1. remove pipe from carb an block it

2. blow down pressure pipe whilst ear near lid

if good seal u shouldn't hear a thing but if u do the stopper on lid at rear needs to be removed.

Good luck