• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Failsafe

xtract

Put in my failsafe the other day and was all good until today. Turn on the switches then about 20seconds later the failsafe turns on and I can't go anywhere, turn off the switches and back on again and is ok for another 20 or so seconds. I have taken it off for now and been driving it, everything is fine. Can the failsafes become faulty? Has anyone experienced this same problem before?

Sounds like your batteries are going flat if they are just rechargable 4 cell (1.2 volts per batt) it will only be 4.8 volts fully charged get a 6 cell hump pack rechargable or some non rechargable batts(1.5 volts per batt) and you should be fine.

marty :)

Just to correct marty, you need a 6v Hump pack not a 6 Cell hump pack ;) A 6 Cell pack will send your receiver to the bin :P

(attachs 6 car batteries to reciver)

KA BOOM!!!

Hehe :)

Yeah only a 6v pack is needed :)

You can have a 7.4v Lipo - but that has a lipo restritor put on it to make it 6v :)

But the you defo are having low cells

A failsafe over time if exposed to the elements can cause it to go faulty - my venom failsafe, has started acting up and as a result of been run winter / sun / rain and snow

It glitchs even on a 2.4ghz system :o

What failsafe is it mate?

Ziggy

A few hours of using batteries sounds pretty good to me. Remember they have quite a lot of draw on them so don't expect them to last a life time. Also, the failsafe will probably be set to cut out when less than 4 or 4.5 volts is available, therefore you only need them to wear down a small amount and you won't be able to run them anymore. Better to be safe than sorry and just buy a new set of AA's, or get the hump pack as suggested above.

gh.

Just to correct marty, you need a 6v Hump pack not a 6 Cell hump pack ;) A 6 Cell pack will send your receiver to the bin :P

Yeah thats what i meant just got mixed up was busy at work and had a quick break and i wasn't taking much notice of what i typed :wacko:

marty :)