• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My hard body builds

I've always really liked hard bodies but I've always been more performance over looks with my crawlers. 

I got a wrangler hard body about a year ago and planned to do it in the winter. 

After building and fitting it to one of my scx10's, I loved it. It obviously effects the centre of gravity but I think it's well worth it. 

So one thing leads to another and now I've got about five hard body builds on the go. 

Here's one... 

IMG_20240331_105506 IMG_20240331_105600 IMG_20240331_105627 IMG_20240331_105715

This one is the leftover chassis from my scx10 ii. Incredibly noisy scx10ii kit gearbox (smooth as you like just noisy). 

Fusion Pro motor/esc, desert lizard 90mm internal sprung shocks. 

Cranked stainless links, four link with ams. I've done some of the other builds with a chassis mounted servo for the scale look, I just don't like them.

Injora jeep cherokee 313mm body, injora cherokee front bumper, painted Tamiya drab olive. Magnets on the front and you can kinda use the stock mounts supplied with the body as a hinge. 

I've given this a little test, drives pretty good. Next is adjustable shock towers on the rear to adjust the height, inner arches on the front need fitting, and fit the moulded lexan interior supplied with the kit. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Here's Another. Injora cherokee cage body. Initially bought this body for a Trx4. You would need to cut down the side plates or fabricate something to fill the gap. 

I sat the body on one of my lcg rigs and it looked like an easy fit. 

I used an injora cherokee front bumper, scx10 injora side plates, magnetic mounts on the front and a basic hinge on the rear. 

IMG_20240416_115517 IMG_20240416_115528 IMG_20240416_115537 IMG_20240416_115548

There's a huge void at the rear of the cab. There is a part that can be 3d printed. If anyone could help me out with that please let me know. 

I'm going to use a offcut of lexan. 

• Like 3

Looking good. 

What’s the file that needs printed?  I farm out a lot of my larger prints to a mate as his printer is much better tuned than mine. I’m planning throwing some stuff his way in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ad456m said:

Looking good. 

What’s the file that needs printed?  I farm out a lot of my larger prints to a mate as his printer is much better tuned than mine. I’m planning throwing some stuff his way in a couple of weeks.

Thanks 👍

It's an stl file. If you could help that would be great. 

Yeah, no worries, I’ll Pm you and get the file once I have my own stuff closer to being ready

• Thanks 1