• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone use or recommend a lipo/nimh battery checker.

Was wondering if worth getting one?

Just that I have charged 4x 2s 5200 possibly over a week ago but not used fully in any car yet.

also a couple of nimh batteries for cars too.

just like to be able to check if not below 3.6 for the lipos.

thanks

Edited by karlo888

These are good but you can find the more basic versions for less on eBay

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fusion-rc-smart-guard-3-lithium-battery-checker-and-balancer-368142

I use the battery doctor along side low voltage alarms in the cars

You will need a servo plug to your chosen battery connection plug adapter to check the NiMH voltage

• Like 1

As stated above you can get lipo voltage checkers on ebay/amazon for just a few quid and they work well. A word of warning though,  don't leave you lipos fully charged for more than a day or so....otherwise they will become stressed and balloon, which will ruin them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yorkshireman said:

As stated above you can get lipo voltage checkers on ebay/amazon for just a few quid and they work well. A word of warning though,  don't leave you lipos fully charged for more than a day or so....otherwise they will become stressed and balloon, which will ruin them.

☝️Ditto.

Best practice is to only charge the lipos on the morning of the day that you are going to use them. Once back home, put them all through the charger on the storage mode setting.

• Like 2

What batteries are they?

Also what charger do you have? 

You should really get a charger with balance charge and storage charge modes.

Posted (edited)

All my stuff are old, just taken down from attic except the 4 new batteries I brought. 2s 5200 50c.

i have a elysium lx60b pro charger. 

just waiting for my battery checker to arrive 👍

Edited by karlo888

1 hour ago, karlo888 said:

Feel sorry for you guys with 3s plus……took me over a hour and half to storage charge 1 x 2s 😱😱😱

It depends on how much charge is in the battery, it takes longer to discharge down to storage level than to charge up to it

• Like 2