• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How High Can Drones Fly?

Drones feature varying flight altitudes based on various factors, including their model, usage, country of use, and weight.

So, while some drones can fly at a maximum height of 76,000 feet, others can only fly at 33,000 feet or less. Legally speaking, though, how high can drones fly?

In most countries, the legal limit for flying drones is 400 feet. For example, in the U.S., the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) restricts drones from flying above 400 feet.

You must obtain a waiver from the Federal Aviation Authorities to fly your plane above the 400-foot limit. The waiver should outline the flight details and the safety measures to be taken. 

In this article, I’ll cover altitude limits based on where you live or want to visit and drones make, among other aspects.

How-High-Can-Drones-Fly-1024x576.jpg

General rule of thumb is 400ft 120 metres and TBH any one flying much above that is just irresponsible and should not be flying drones at all, its this type of flying that has all but finished the hobby with all the new laws being brought in, i have been flying safe and legal for about 8 years but sadly the hobby will all but end for me in 6 months due to even more extreme rules/laws coming in 

• Sad 1