• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI WR8 Subaru

Renji1990

keeps turning off moves freely not sure if its a faulty motor or  voltage cutoff but not sure how to check it as i dont have a castlelinkv3   can do one lap of a short course and motor stops working  turn it off and on it works fine motor is not hot either  everyone elses can do about 5 laps or more before they cutoff thermal or dead battery lol     ... but no one has a tuning device 

If it's stock electronics, the user manual will explain how to adjust the settings.

On the WR8 I had, I needed to alter the motors timing down 2 or 3 levels and lower the punch level to help stop the thermal shut off.

You can also choose the higher ESC cut off but that can be a bit dangerous for the esc. 

• Like 2

On 05/09/2023 at 18:34, Renji1990 said:

cars a month old ...... checked bearings and diffs and there all good and corrct level ... it rolls smooth so nothing is binding 

so it's hobbywing ESC you can program it using small button next to on off switch, check your manual, should show you how to change settings

On 05/09/2023 at 20:20, JonnyUK said:

If it's stock electronics, the user manual will explain how to adjust the settings.

On the WR8 I had, I needed to alter the motors timing down 2 or 3 levels and lower the punch level to help stop the thermal shut off.

You can also choose the higher ESC cut off but that can be a bit dangerous for the esc. 

done it and a few setting were diffrent to the manual  was on rock crawler and punch and timing was maxed out

5 hours ago, Renji1990 said:

done it and a few setting were diffrent to the manual  was on rock crawler and punch and timing was maxed out

It should be loads better now!

The punch and motor timing at a lower setting will help lots with keeping the temperatures lower.

On rock crawler setting, was the braking on full whack every time you came off of acceleration? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2023 at 22:47, JonnyUK said:

It should be loads better now!

The punch and motor timing at a lower setting will help lots with keeping the temperatures lower.

On rock crawler setting, was the braking on full whack every time you came off of acceleration? 

sorry for slow delay on reply ..... and yes it was been using it on 2s and 3s and had no issues at all now its one amazing rc car it just slays tires lol