• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Grps, I need a replacement.

Kajusbagdonas

I have xm3 gtj03 grps and they can't handle my vorza (upgraded) with off line grip and my drag race is coming up so I would like tyres that are great for grip and can sustain around 80-90 mph which I think my car can go but I've only got to around 60 because of the tyres.  And I can provide you with a video and gps stats at the weekend as it is going to be warm. 

Arrma hoons will do 100mph, you can also try contact foams for over 100mph passes.
No issues pushing i think silver hoons to 101mph, maybe want a softer compound if your draging it.
Running a hyper 7 with 32t pinion and 34t spur on a 8s motor and esc, dropping the trigger not pulled a tire off the rim yet. They wont grip because the power and compound.
Have you tired are you allowed to use compounds on the tire to prep them, eg drag mixtures / glue.

Edited by Redback

I was thinking about foams but people say that they don't last long and I have Hoons (white compound) they provide barely any grip and start to balloon at around 50 mph. And I've tried burnouts and even wd40. All I need are tyres with good grip and can sustain around 90mph. But I might get foams, could you tell me how long foams last? 

I added my 40t spur which has a solid differential. So I did a speed run in a large parking lot and it looked like I was going 70mph and the tyre blew up. The car hit a curb moved the pinion and took a chunk out of the wheel. So I have no choice but to get new tyres. 

IMG_20230426_192657.jpg

IMG_20230426_192718.jpg

Not that I've tried them yet, or have any first hand experience beyond 5-10 minutes play on a mates RC with contacts fitted, I believe you can get about 3-4 proper speed runs in with each set, more if treated better.  And as for cost, I got mine, 45 rated ones which come in pairs so I had to buy 2 sets of them, for under £20 delivered, I think around £18 or £19 I'd have to go through my invoices to get the exact amount, but close enough to £20 to call £20, which isn't so bad when you think about it, as it's not just foam tires you're buying, but also the wheels they're fitted to.