• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Transmitter for smaller hands

EV2UK

Hello.

My 8 year old daughter has an FTX carnage, she loves it's but is struggling with the transmitter. she finds it hard to reverse.

I have a couple of stick type transmitters for boats but she can't get on with them.

Is there a transmitter that is smaller than others?

Looking at the FlySky GT5... This looks smaller than others but have been unable to find anything to confirm this..

Many Thanks 

My son (5) struggles with a pistol grip and car / boat stick controller as he's not quite big enough yet.

However, he's really happy using just one stick of a 6 channel aero remote as you can put lefty-righty & forwards-backwards on one stick. 

• Like 1

Quite a few manufacturers are using transmitters like these now (very similar to the Turbo Racing one suggested above):

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-mini-outback-20-transmitter-442238

They are compact and easy to use for small hands.  My 5 year old has been using this style for the last 2 years with no problems.  I also have a FlySky GT5 but I think you will find it is still quite a large unit for small hands.