• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LC racing BHC-1 1/14 buggy

Alex97

While I wait for the replacement servo to arrive I fitted with Corona DS238MG that I had from another build. I needed to redesign the servo mount however dropped straight in afterwards. Due to being slightly thinner than the original I've been able to add 10g of weight under it as well. 

20230123_181429.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

Hmm hopefully my 2845 will fit! Got a spare servo as well somewhere but will start out with stock and see if there is an issue with these.

So I've just had a look and with a 28mm can I reckon the smallest pinion you'll be able to fit is a 20t (stock is 21t). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Excuse my ignorance but what size motors is the plate designed for?   Would it be easier if I grabbed something smaller like a 2445?

Both 24 & 28mm however if you want to  run a smaller pinion then you'll need a smaller motor. I'd personally run what you've got and if you want to gear down then you can. 

• Like 1

Exciting times dms has recieved delivery of 2nd batch this afternoon hopefully i get mine tomorrow or friday🤞🏾just batterys need to sort if non of mine fit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice thread @Alex97 

When I last posted (quite some time back) I was looking at building the truggy version, but the endless delays in delivery sadly put paid to that plan, and following more than a six month wait I pulled out. I'm now awaiting stock of the latest Pro version (2022 spec) at DMS and wondered if anyone has any useful insight into the build i.e. has it improved since the original iteration?

Also, what spares would you recommend having on hand in the event of crash breakages etc? I'm wondering if an extended front bumper is available 😅

1 minute ago, Rebel158 said:

Nice thread @Alex97 

When I last posted (quite some time back) I was looking at building the truggy version, but the endless delays in delivery sadly put paid to that plan, and following more than a six month wait I pulled out. I'm now awaiting stock of the latest Pro version (2022 spec) at DMS and wondered if anyone has any useful insight into the build i.e. has it improved since the original iteration?

Also, what spares would you recommend having on hand in the event of crash breakages etc? I'm wondering if an extended front bumper is available 😅

The truggy is based off of the Emb chassis that hasn't really changed since it was released. The 2wd is a whole new design that shares very few parts. 

• Like 1

The Corona servo was just a temporary fix however I've heard of at least half a dozen people have the stock servos fail on them very quickly, this ripmax servo has really good specs including a full metal case. Fortunately the size is the same as the savox mount I designed for someone the other days so all I needed to do was swap the single hole out for two, I've ordered a metal servo horn so hopefully that will arrive shortly. 

20230131_141639.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

"No where in the manual tell you how to set the slipper up, for some this won't be an issue but could easily be for others. "

You are correct 🤣   Got mine to almost a roller and wasn't sure how to set it.  I was thinking putting back wheels on, holding spur and then winding nut until it stops.  Then back off 1/2 a turn?  Just conscious of damaging something if that isnt the right way.

Did try to initially set it before the casing got installed but then it was just spinning and I didn't have enough hands to hold the spur and both output drives.

10 hours ago, MrCake said:

"No where in the manual tell you how to set the slipper up, for some this won't be an issue but could easily be for others. "

You are correct 🤣   Got mine to almost a roller and wasn't sure how to set it.  I was thinking putting back wheels on, holding spur and then winding nut until it stops.  Then back off 1/2 a turn?  Just conscious of damaging something if that isnt the right way.

Did try to initially set it before the casing got installed but then it was just spinning and I didn't have enough hands to hold the spur and both output drives.

I went about 2mm in, definitely don't go all the way then back off half a turn. 

• 3 weeks later...