• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Broke the Maxx for the first time today.

bertberr

It's a tough little sod, but today I had my first breakage.  Admittedly it was taking some real abuse, surprised it didn't break earlier really.

Anyway, it's now 3WD ☹️, front left the casualty.  Outdrive not turning so something in the diff - all you Maxx owners, are there any weak points in these Maxx diffs?  Never been in the diffs up to now,  hopefully I'll get a chance to tear it down later in the week, but what's your money on / what should I expect to find?

Weak points are normally the crown and pinion, but that doesnt sound like your issue. Bit of a mission getting to the diffs,  but I think youre just gonna have to pull it apart. If it is Internal, theres a chance I have all the parts if you get stuck stock wise.  

Yeah, thanks I'll let you know on that.  I've got Friday off so will break into it then, hopefully something relatively simple.  Was running it on a mown field that included a big mound of earth, prob about 20ft x 12ft, and about 8ft high, hard packed & grassed over mainly.  Got some big jumps in and really enjoyed the session overall.  Nothing negative to say about the Maxx really, other than I noticed the stock servo was really struggling, even though the grass was fairly short.  Need to get a servo adapter and a decently strong std size servo.  Any thoughts on the 36kg JX servo's available on ebay, BG etc???  Other options?  And what about the upgraded / stronger servo saver spring - 7746X, worth it when I do the servo?

• Like 1

Found the problem... luckily not an expensive one!  Thought I'd lock-tighted all the outdrive screw pins, obviously not...  Bulkhead will clean up a bit and survive until I do a full winter teardown, when I'll replace it plus a few other plastics, and possibly rit dye the chassis and shock towers. 

IMG-3952.jpg

On 25/09/2022 at 22:01, bertberr said:

Yeah, thanks I'll let you know on that.  I've got Friday off so will break into it then, hopefully something relatively simple.  Was running it on a mown field that included a big mound of earth, prob about 20ft x 12ft, and about 8ft high, hard packed & grassed over mainly.  Got some big jumps in and really enjoyed the session overall.  Nothing negative to say about the Maxx really, other than I noticed the stock servo was really struggling, even though the grass was fairly short.  Need to get a servo adapter and a decently strong std size servo.  Any thoughts on the 36kg JX servo's available on ebay, BG etc???  Other options?  And what about the upgraded / stronger servo saver spring - 7746X, worth it when I do the servo?

Sorry just saw this. Obviously the Traxxas servo is a stupid size, so youll need an adpater. I run a Savox 2292 Servo, a Vitavon Adapter and Treal Bellcrank. Completely overkill. Id suggest getting the plastic Traxxas adapter, and a JX 46kg servo, theyre around £45. Just be careful cause theres so many, and one of them is 12v. I run them in my Revo's/Summits and theyre brilliant for the money, but I do run them at 7.4v BEC.

Regarding the spring, that sounds good. Not heard of it, but /might be something I need to look into

• Like 1