• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie after some advice

dpw1972

Hi guys, my son has been given a Helion Animus 18SC car.  It all seems to be in good working order, apart from the on/off switch on the ESC/Receiver unit (part # HLNA0027). We sort of have to fiddle with it midway between the on and off position for the contacts to make.  When fully in the on position, the contacts don't make.  So as you can imagine, it doesn't take much use for the switch to vibrate from its 'mid position' and the car cuts out.

I've looked to source a replacement but they don't appear to be available anywhere in the UK. I've tried carefully prizing the switch out to see if it can be shorted out somehow, but it won't budge.

Has anyone got any ideas where I might buy a new one in the UK, or think of a work around?

Many thanks, Paul

HLNA0027 ESC RECEIVER SERVO MODULE (ANIMUS) [9950575] - 21.00€ : RC Models,  Online Model E shop : Modellsport

As its knackered already, I'd prise open the plastic case and try to get to the circuit board inside to see if you can fix it from there. From the picture you've put up it looks like the bottom side might be glued on.

To replace you would need an ESC and a receiver that is compatible with your current transmitter which might be hard to find.

This ESC would work.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-quicrun-1625-brushed-esc-382829

This receiver MIGHT bind with your transmitter as it looks like a Flysky GT2, but not certain.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Model-Receiver-FlySky-FS-GR3E-2-4GHz/dp/B01EIYJ3M4/ref=asc_df_B01EIYJ3M4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=314530710906&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5551251935933745168&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007201&hvtargid=pla-349467168153&psc=1

Plus the cost of soldering connectors to match and some tape to mount everything, looking at £35 or so. Add another £15 or so if you need a new transmitter and receiver pair.

As you can its worth opening up the current ESC/RX unit to try and fix it.

• Like 1