• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element RC Enduro based Pre-Runner Build - Take 2

Cuiken

1 hour ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

That looks insane dude, you should be well proud!

Thanks man. Yes, really pleased with how it turned out. Nice combination of something that was both mechanically and aesthetically challenging.

Honestly, it drives like nothing else I've built. The realism of the chassis means you get proper 'on the edge' handling at scale(ish) speeds. Means it's a blast to drive even in small spaces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuiken said:

Thanks man. Yes, really pleased with how it turned out. Nice combination of something that was both mechanically and aesthetically challenging.

Honestly, it drives like nothing else I've built. The realism of the chassis means you get proper 'on the edge' handling at scale(ish) speeds. Means it's a blast to drive even in small spaces.

Ill have to have a go at building something like it sometime, looks like a hoot

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I built this so thought I'd an an update.

First, suspension mod was needed. The Element IFS system is not designed for speed nor (I'm guessing) the weight of a 5000mah 3S battery. As a result, the truck was grounding out very hard on the centre skid between the lower IFS arms. It was bad enough that when hitting the round after a minor 'whoop' the truck would front flip as the chassis dug into the ground.

So, I added some bump stops to the front shocks to give a 'two stage' sort of compression profile. It can still bottom out under max compression but the last bit of travel is far firmer. Seems to work a treat:

34A3edz.png

Other than that, the truck has been great. Took it out into the woods this weekend and did about 3km with it. Even with the 'non crawler' ESC and Motor it is smooth enough to climb tricky trails (though not proper rock crawling) while it's fast enough and planted enough to have great fun hooning around on loose dusty stuff. Like I've said before, it's the most scale truck Ive built from a handling perspective. It just looks totally convincing on bumpy trails or out on mown grass.

Running it beside my slightly battered Element Sendero the Kyosho body just looks far cooler too. A proper looking race truck. Definitely my best custom build to date. 

• Like 3