• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newly acquired car and looking for a club

highgranger

Hey.

my son has just taken ownership of my brothers old thunder tiger mta4 1/8 nitro and I was wondering if there is a club local where he can put car to potential and maybe start a new hobby for him. We are based in wigan, northwest.

have looked on forum but doesn’t seem to be any posts for northwest section

thanks

steve

welcome to MSUK! 

Good luck finding a club. Im not close to you, so can't help. A quick google search brought up 'Wigan and District RC car club'. May be worth a try, and if not, they may at least be able to advise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

welcome to MSUK! 

Good luck finding a club. Im not close to you, so can't help. A quick google search brought up 'Wigan and District RC car club'. May be worth a try, and if not, they may at least be able to advise.

I also found them but says last post was 2010 so don’t think they still operate sadly

3 hours ago, highgranger said:

I also found them but says last post was 2010 so don’t think they still operate sadly

Ah, sorry! that’s a shame. 

Welcome aboard. :good: 

Found a club called "Sheffield Off Road & Rally RC Club" on Facebook who seem to race regularly, ...probably just over an hour or more from you depending on your exact location. 
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2884405478514787

Good luck with the search. Hope you find something. 

1 hour ago, GMballistic said:

Welcome aboard. :good: 

Found a club called "Sheffield Off Road & Rally RC Club" on Facebook who seem to race regularly, ...probably just over an hour or more from you depending on your exact location. 
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2884405478514787

Good luck with the search. Hope you find something. 

Thanks. Bit far at moment. Maybe when he is bit more experienced.

• Like 1

Also, because the car is an older model, it still operates on fm frequency with crystals. Is this still ok or do we need to switch to 2.4ghz transmitter and receiver.

ive seen this one. Any good? It’s a flysky gt3b. Or anyone selling something cheap? My son has only just got this car after showing an interest. How long it will last, I don’t know.

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/flysky-fsgt3b-2-4ghz-transmitter-receiver-radio-2449.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpeorZZ3ee2jsdU3mrDti5rLjgBU69-AOkIF-f0Ae7V_yJsoloUeO6kaAsNREALw_wcB