• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage electric parts - Suitable motor

mch87

Wondered if anyone has any electric conversion parts kicking around for the Savage?

I have 2 currently but one of them the engine just doesn't want to tune so thought an electric conversion might be a bit of fun... One is a Savage 25 and one is a Savage SS (back from early savage days)

I think I'm most likely to change to the single gear(from the flux) in the original transmission and have some form of motor mount but want to avoid cutting the chassis plates (likely to convert the one I have that's on LCG plates and already has ally diff cups with spider gearing)

Any advice also would be well received

**Edit**

I've now sorted an option for a centre diff conversion so I'm now going to be looking for a motor and esc suitable for the conversion, I'm not going mad so don't need anything that'll send this thing into orbit on a jump but would like a good bit of ooomphh

I think I'm going to run an Arrma EXB centre diff and then look at what I need to sort out shafts to reach and be suitable...

Edited by mch87

I think I just need the fixed gear from a flux transmission.

I'm not clued up on what will and won't fit an old model savage (left the hobby for a while) so thought that's likely the easy route to begin with.

I don't suppose anyone could advise what "series" or type motor mount I would need?

I saw one for a 700 series that looked like it might work but searched 700 series motors and they looked tiny...

New to electric since getting my TRX4 as always had nitro before

Edited by mch87

yeah its a minefield mch converting i always used HPI parts tbf the motor mount plate fits the flux tvps but not the nitro plates i hear i bought the flux hp and my mate owned the flux XL so when he bored of his i bought it as a roller and swopped my gear over to that chassis and it wheelied less loved the truck but they were out of stock on BP diff gears for about a year and half so gave up on it looks like the parts are back about which is good to see 👍

you also have the after market tvps too so not sure which motor mount plate you can use on them ie hpi or aftermarket.

i had the hobby wing max 8 combo in mine so that size motor your looking for bro i had this one on my flux

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/24810/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn4xa3Ua8GuRV49hWsnZaqp2oGP7mnvuobKRC9DAiQrSKT_2sYi-QXsaAj5tEALw_wcB

• mch87 changed the title to Savage electric parts - Suitable motor
  • 3 weeks later...