• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi everyone, I am new to the world of Tamiya and need some help please!

Minnsy229

Hi there

I just purchased a Tamiya rising fighter kit and have some set up problems I hoped someone may be able to help me with.  I managed to bind my controller with the car, however all I have is steering function and no throttle. However when I move the throttle trim dial I can work the throttle that way, but nothing from the trigger.  I have stored the setting for brushed motor, however when I go through the high point set up when I try to store my throttle/reverse via the ESC it doesn’t store them and just continues to flash red instead of turning off.

any ideas?

The transmitter is an Absima CR2S.V2 with a TBLE-04S ESC and Absima R3FS receiver.

Steve

Welcome to the forum!

try switching throttle into reverse on the transmitter. I’ve had this issue with a few of mine (not your tx/rx specifically) and that has sorted it. 

Good luck

Welcome aboard. :good: 

Make sure firstly all your wires are correctly plugged in and in the correct orientation in the receiver. 
Then I'd go through the set up procedure again making sure that your "trim dials" are all in the correct position before setting up. E.g. in the centre/at zero. 

I'm sure you've already looked but there are videos available on YouTube that can show you how to do it just in case you're missing a step in the set up process.

Thanks for all the messages guys.  So this is the picture I took of the transmitter when I was setting it up. So you think I should put the right hand switch to the reverse setting and try the set up process again?  The weird thing is the fact that no matter what I do the ESC is refusing to store the throttle/reverse.  Would this cause that same issue?

I followed a few YouTube videos and only used the channel 1 and 2 for the ESC and servo.  Am I right to assume it can’t be a binding issue if the steering is working?

254CEED0-3C28-4822-B2AE-E174C571750C.thumb.jpeg.d03d15eb871e8e468317af00cdb0b7f0.jpeg

Also, if I need to set all the trim knobs to zero, how do I reset these? As I assume I may have set the car up with these out of place? If that is the case would I need to re-bind the servo? What is best to tackle this? Because when I set them back to zero the steering is hard left so they must be out of line. Thanks again everyone, and happy new year.

The throttle trim is the important one to zero before starting calibration. The rule of thumb is to set all to zero/centre as mentioned above.

You can remove the horn from the servo, set the steering trim to zero on the transmitter and then reattach the horn (once the rc’s powered up)  with the wheels straight. Fine adjustments can then be made with the trim once all up and running to make it track straight.

Setting the dual rate to zero will result in no steering, so set this to max. End points may need to be adjusted later to avoid damage to servo, but not essential whilst calibrating.

flipping the throttle switch to reverse is worth a try if all is wired correctly and not calibrating whilst set to normal. This can cause the issue your having with some esc’s.

if you currently have steering, there is no issue with the tx/rx communicating. 

I’m no expert, but hope this helps. I know how frustrating it can be, it’s probably something simple that’s been overlooked.

Edited by Ant.p

Just been through all of the points raised and at the end of settings the high points it still continually blinks red and will not store the settings. I tried the throttle in normal and reverse when running this test too and it is just not working for some reason. Could it be a fault with the ESC? 

I’m all out of ideas here. Could well be an issue with the esc but I’m not convinced.

you mentioned in your 1st post that by adjusting the throttle trim you can make the wheels turn, but not by the trigger. I wonder if the transmitter has a fault? Have you an alternative to try?