• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Carnage brushless speedcontroler comms .. Unable to connect using card.

champagnecharly

About to purchase a carnage brusless V1 but when chatting to seller about using programming cards, I was told he had tried two cards and was unsucessful.  Is this a common issue with this etc, firmware? Would it indicate a potential fault or is card compatibility a possible issue? 

Edited by champagnecharly

I bought a Etronix programme card from ModelSport the other day and it was a total waste of my money (£10).

If I attempt to re-programme the ESC to allow for a faster motor speed or a safer battery depletion level (3.2v or 3.4v instead of the factory set 3.0v) then the buggy just goes into limp mode.

It's not until you revert the changes back to standard that the buggy starts running again.

A useless system if ever there was one.

Edited by Buggy Malone

2 hours ago, Redback said:

What Etronix esc is it, there was 2 versions that required 2 diffrent program cards.

Thanks mate, my card is the same as the one being advertised in the standard FTX Outlaw BL instructions - pic below.

The ESC is the kit-supplied 60A unit so by my reckoning I should have the correct one.

All the best

Andrew

Screenshot_20211217-162421_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9408885d65f9c3a1e9117112c0a91551.jpg

Hold the phone - I've just checked the picture with the unit and mine says Photon SBS whereas the instructions has a pic of a Photon 2.1W.

My ESC is a Photon 2.1W.

That could be the issue.

Edited by Buggy Malone

Hold the phone again - I've just checked the ModelSport website and it says that my SBS unit is designed for the Photon 2.1W ESC - pic below, so I was correct when ordering.

I'm now confused, lol.

526152240_Screenshot_20211217-163130_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c63c351bb790fd792606c6ef5d20b68f.jpg

3 hours ago, Redback said:

Thats the v2 card, the OP has a v1 esc, thus would need the old programmer.

Cheers for that, very useful......so in theory my new card should work but it doesn't. 

It's the small things that cause the biggest problems :-)

Yeah your card will work, just seems like an off setting on the esc.
 As far as the OP is concerned maybe there was an issue with the v1 esc's and programmers, you should still be able to config it although tediously via the remote.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1