• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any LiPo rated brushed ESCs for low turn motors?

300bhp/ton

I still have a load of brushed motors, some brand new and sealed and others only mildly used. I know brushless is the way these days, but it seems a shame not to be able to make use of these. I still run one of these in my Tamiya Lunchbox with a now 'classic' Novak Tempest ESC in. I have a couple of LRP ESC's too. They can all handle 2S LiPo in theory, although I've had issues with the LRPs in the past.

But the biggest issue is, none of them have low voltage protection. I know you can put the little alarms on the balance lead of the LiPo, but it'd be nicer to not worry. Also something more waterproof would be a bonus too.

Most brushed ESC's seem to have very limiting motor turn limits. Are there any high performance ones still available? I think the brushed Traxxas models use 12Turn motors, but don't know how much current they really pull. I also hate to think what these would cost either.

It just seems such a waste not to be able to use these....

Most are 11 Turn motors, but a couple of 10's, a 12 and even a 9x2. They are ideal in many 1/10th buggies and give very good performance when comparing to a 10.5-13.5T brushless motors on 2S.

IMG_6479.thumb.jpeg.a12a338b52399a81585cf683244acfb3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

Have you looked at selling those motors? Especially the ones still in the pack. They seem to fetch some money on ebay/Facebook, people want them for vintage builds. 

Tried selling on here a couple of times, but no takers. Is there a facebook group you'd suggest? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, 300bhp/ton said:

Tried selling on here a couple of times, but no takers. Is there a facebook group you'd suggest? Thanks.

"RCbay" is pretty good for the UK. Has more racer type stuff than most groups. 

I couldn't recommend a particular vintage groups but there are plenty on their, just most are US or international which is a pain for posting bits.