• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Overlander or SkyRC Lipo Charger Recommendation

Buggy Malone

Hi Guys,

I'm after a Lipo charger to replace the basic Etronix Pocket Pal model which came with my FTX buggy last week.

I'm looking at buying two more 2S or 3S lipos between 4000-5300mah so I'm hoping that you guys can tell me which Overlander or SkyRC unit to buy please.

I've got the choice of the following:

Overlander:

1.  VSR Mini 60W 6A  (£31.49)

2.  RC6 VSR 80W 7A (£44.99)

3.  VSR Mini+ 100W 10A (£35.98)

SkyRC:

4.  T100 Dual  (£41.39)

5.  S65 A6 65W  (£30.59)

6.  e680 AC/DC 80W   (£37.79)

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

All the best,

Andrew

@Jack Reacher and @Yorkshireman

Thanks Both ;-)

I really appreciate your recommendations. I've done a whole load of reading on Lipos since buying the model but there's nothing like asking a question and getting a recommendation from the likes of you guys.

Thanks again,

Andrew

• Like 2

I use the T100 and it does everything bar discharge, does charge to a storage voltage, so if you always run the lipos down, the T100 will do it all,

Mine was recommended by a track racer who told me he see's loads of them at the meets, was enough to persuade me 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2021 at 10:41, Microspeed said:

I use the T100 and it does everything bar discharge, does charge to a storage voltage, so if you always run the lipos down, the T100 will do it all,

Mine was recommended by a track racer who told me he see's loads of them at the meets, was enough to persuade me 🙂

Thanks mate, I appreciate the response. I'm about to place an order woth ModelSport so I'll need to make a final decision asap.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Just now, MrCake said:

I have the e680 and it has been great and served me through NIMH to LIPO and can even do my AGM lead acid for the RC boat.  Very pleased with it.

Cheers for that ;-) I'm getting the impression that any of them will do the job very well (which is nice to know).

Thanks for the post-up,

Andrew