• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cardinal Sin

KC59

This afternoon I committed one of the RC cardinal sin, my GMade Sawback was on the coffee table in front of my laptop, (which was on and running nicely), and I switched on the Sawback before switching on the controller, (which was in my hand on full reverse), when I switched on the controller the Sawback leapt into reverse and punched a towing bracket straight through the screen. Panic does not begin to describe the ensuing feeling I had. After much swearing and gnashing of teeth I now have a new screen on order after removing the screen and identifying the part number 🥴 It’s gonna cost me £90 odd for a new one. So for now I’m on my iPad 😏

Edited by KC59
  • Sad 5

Oh man that’s harsh. 

I remember a few years back I made a similar whoopsie with my hyper and a th hold switch. Cue a spur gear eating my finger (some stitches) and 4 blown tires 🤨

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Ross9999992 said:

Oh man that’s harsh. 

I remember a few years back I made a similar whoopsie with my hyper and a th hold switch. Cue a spur gear eating my finger (some stitches) and 4 blown tires 🤨

I bet that stung and left a mark 😳

I ordered a new screen on Monday afternoon and it arrived at 1:20pm today and was fitted by me at 1:30pm, reboot the laptop with the new screen and "Hey Presto!" it fired up and produced crystal clear graphics, I am a happy boy once again.

1867133393_NewLaptopScreen.thumb.jpg.483d3200667b4feef169aa8b0adac10b.jpg

It even came with a little tool kit, Phillips size 0 driver, needle point tweezers, pry tool and Exacto type craft knife. On the suppliers web page they have thousands of YouTube how to video clips and the stock thousands of screens for different manufacturers, they also supply iPhone and iPad screens too. Although they are an international company they have a warehouse facility somewhere around Gatwick, the tracking for mine show it going to Rochester then Bristol and finally to "Amazon's" depot at Exeter (because I am south of Exeter) and delivered by Amazon.

I have no affiliation with laptopscreens.com other than being a happy customer. Here is link:

LAPTOP SCREEN from $34.99, replacement LCD screens. Repair Tablet, Acer, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Gateway.

Here is a link to their web page

• Like 1