• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dusting of the rc cars

richardr33

Hi guys, my boys have been on at me to get the rc cars out, so I've bought some new battery's and here we go, x2 out the 3 work, the 1 that doesn't work, it steers and goes forwards and backwards for about 15 seconds then doesn't go, it always steers but doesn't go forwards and backwards, any ideas, it's been a couple of years. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, richardr33 said:

Hi guys, my boys have been on at me to get the rc cars out, so I've bought some new battery's and here we go, x2 out the 3 work, the 1 that doesn't work, it steers and goes forwards and backwards for about 15 seconds then doesn't go, it always steers but doesn't go forwards and backwards, any ideas, it's been a couple of years. 👍🏼

Mate, ¿what brand is it, model?, ¿can you upload pics or a video to see how it does?

Just checking that’s a 4s lipo and it’s charged above the lvc? 

Also does it have full power or “low” power for those few seconds it works?

The pic is taken from a random quicrun manual and suggests it’s lvc kicking in 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ross9999992

The video it beeped 4 times I think…that means it thinks it’s running a 4s and is doing the lvc check based on that. Fully charged 3s (12.6v) is still still below most 4s lvc options…set that to auto cell count or manually set the 3s and try again imo 🙂

Yeah that auto setting is the problem…they prefer to choose even cell counts…just manually set it to 3s and it should be all good I’d say 🙂 

Ofc then you have to make sure to only use it with 3s for the lvc to function correctly.

The sticker on the battery says 3s right? 😃

Edited by Ross9999992
The last bits

Yeah so just set the esc to 3s and that should solve the problem. Just be sure to remember 👇🏻👇🏻

30 minutes ago, Ross9999992 said:

Ofc then you have to make sure to only use it with 3s for the lvc to function correctly.

👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1