• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Second post my poorly yokomo yz2 CA

Hi all,

If you've not seen my first post in the welcome section.. I brought a used Yokomo YZ2 rolling chassis, after a steep learning curve its now fully running, so for the past few Sat i've been testing diff setups down my local track EPR and meeting a very friendly bunch and always happy to advise.

Anyway last sat my car was rubbed 🙂 and strangely one of the shock caps popped off.. closer look and saw that all the big bore shocks were leaking... luckily i was able to meet Sam who is a Yokomo expert as his son was racing at EPR... seems the last owner fitted odd fitting caps also discovered a damaged bulk head panel.. Sam was able to supply the parts,

so this week i stripped the car down only to find the horror that caused the damage... last owner clearly had a heavy crash and when i measured the front of the chassis was bent up and twisted giving a 5mm diff between front and wish bones.. Annoyance started setting in thinking thats £80/100 for a new chassis.

After calming down with a coffee no scrap that 2 beers 🙂 and someone that is a tinker i kinda made a jig and gently bent and twisted to the point best stop.. put the car back together managed to get the diff down to 0.5mm. Happy with that, hopefully its not affected the metal strength or its a new chassis 

No idea what the last owner was thinking least this YZ2 has a good home now.

IMG_2253.JPG

yokomoStick.jpg

yz22.jpg

• Like 1