• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

8th Buggy Engine Advice / Options

Hi There, 

I have just purchased a new Kyosho Inferno 1/8th Buggy after having had about 10 years out of the Nitro scene. 

I'm looking for some advice on some good engine options. 

I won't be racing at the moment - so trying to understand do I go for .21 / .25 / .28 / .30 

How do the tech specs help me to determine if its a mental fast engine or not... should I focus on the Hp or the RPM ?

Budget not too much of an issue, I just like having pretty ballistic models that are super fast (as have plenty of space to run them). 

Searching the forums, I see lots of motors being discussed from about 10 years ago, RB, Novarossi, WERKS, but can't find much about the quickest motors today... 

Also where to buy them from in the UK... ?

21 and 25 engines rev a good bit higher than 28 or 30 engines so in a buggy were actually faster but have less torque ( well its what i found out years ago dont know if still holds true )hence 21 or 25 in a buggy but 28 or a 30 in a truck 

• Like 1