• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10th RC assorted shim kit

Kpowell911

Hello, theres some pretty bad play in all 4 of the wheels on my Mrs Rustler 4x4. Its running full X01 hubs/bearings/shafts. I think a few people have had this issue. 

Im after some shims to play about with it. But would rather buy an assorted set of non RC Branded ones? Im not entirely sure what sizes are required so?

anyone got any links to a suitable set?

thanks

Nobody seems to sell a mixed set, (though id love to be pointed in the direction of one), so I just ordered a bit of everything off RC Bearings like @Glenn75.  The ones RC Bearings sell seem a good quality metal - no corrosion or buckling to those in my TT02 and I give them quite a tough - and often wet - woodland bashing.  I’d maybe steer clear of the smallest thickness and buy .2 & .5 size shims to start with. Once I figured out what was likely to be my common sizes, I ordered multiple in those sizes.

https://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=179

They all live in one of these: https://www.rcmart.com/index.php?route=product/product&osc_sku=36713

Edited by Shergar
  • Like 2

Buy some cheap vernier measuring calipers of ebay there not the most accurate but good enough to measure bearings and shims that's how I've done mine. Don't get me started on wheel slop its starting to get an obsession😁

Edited by Glenn75
Adding text
  • Like 1