• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best brushless/esc combo for a 1/10 vantage buggy + servo upgrade question

Not understanding any more than the basics, can anyone point me in the right direction for my best usage case. The current motor in my ftx vantage is the standard brushless, etronix 2950kv and can apparently handle 3s for more power.

I'm possibly looking at later down the line, a hobbywing combo to put in for a bit more speed. So really my questions are for my use would higher kv on 2s or lower kv with 3s be better, and whichever you suggest, how would my current setup with just a 3s compare to it please?

Also would upgrading the servo give much improvement in the handling/cornering? Are there any good/recommended ones for the vantage please that would fit?

Many thanks

Hi,

We have a very active thread just for Canage/Vantage.

Nevertheless this is what I have done my Carnage, which is practically the same as a Vantage.

Hobbywing EZRun Max10 Combo with a 4000KV motor. 3300KV is also fine.

This servo: Etronix ET2072, https://www.etronix-rc.com/etronix-30-3kg-0-09s-std-digi-servo-hv-metal-gear-waterproof

It has quite a high steering speed.

But any good servo will be ok and better than the stock one.

Like this, you can use 2S for "cruising" or 3S for madness.

I recommend hardened steel spur & pinion:

ebay shop from a fellow member of this forum: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/DJW-RC-Transmissions?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Currently he has none, but you should wait for the ones with 32DP pitch. Larger teeth = stronger.

Choose the right pinion for your setup. Factors to take into account: Speed or acceleration, chosen motor (4000 or 3300).

I use a 10 teeth pinion and a 49 teeth spur.

Be aware that you will put a lot of strain on the drivetrain and things tend to fail more quickly: driveshafts, differentials.

The Vantage is fairly simple, so you easily get a hang of fixing, upgrading, etc.

Here are some videos of what you are  getting into after the upgrade:

• Thanks 1