• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

On 01/07/2021 at 11:06, .AJ. said:

Thanks I did read the link it says about the way the receiver is mount can be the reason the gyro is playing up. As I said with mine the gyro is going opposite way. Here’s a pic of my receiver the way it was installed out the box, do you think if i switch it over a 180 turn it will work? Also I’m the pic you can see the rod end that snapped is the straight ones better? Cheers 

image.thumb.jpeg.f1fa83e9143f85b034d5cf4670705d62.jpeg

3 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Flipping it 180 should work - as it’s a

bottom loading Rx box I’d expect the gyro to want to be the other way up to work correctly if there’s no software switch to reverse its operation. 

Actually, scratch that - I just read the manual - it doesn’t care which way up it is as long as it’s properly calibrated. 

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

Have you followed these instructions to the absolute letter?

9AE1F854-DBC7-4A7D-91CB-D177E7015857.png

I did bind and calibrate it when I first took it out the box. Maybe I went wrong somewhere, when I find some rod ends In-stock, and have it working, I will try the procedure again. Cheers mate👍

• 3 weeks later...

Just placed an order for a Ryft kit today, so now on the search for the electrics. Browsing round I’ve seen mentions of the Castle Copperhead combos. Are these a good match, or am I better headed to MambaLand?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/castle-copperhead-10-1406-1900kv-combo-crawler-1338357

I’m expecting to go single speed,  more interested in going up and over things than out and out speed. 

Servo wise I’m leaning towards a Savox SW1212SG . Is that strong enough?

Not sure about the servo but this was the motor I was going to use when I have some spare cash and its not being used for new windows in the house, https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/334755/

Just had a look at the servo 😳 looks like it may have plenty of power, A.J uses the Castle motor ESC combo so he will be the one to give any opinions on that set up.

Cool, thanks. I had looked at some reviews of the AXE r2 combos, and saw some negative feedback regarding the gearing. I’m wondering now if the low speed set included makes that less of a problem 

I like mine as is but it has its glitches, I will change the motor & ESC at some point to eliminate the cogging and the sway bar is a must I made my own prior to the availability of the one to suit but now lost to choose from.

There are a few week points like the axles and the shock parts but these will get upgrades too at some point but it the moment It is going well over most stuff.

I would say though its kind of better as a crawler but can shift along as long as you just don't turn into a corner 😆 

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2021 at 22:51, fastolsen said:

Like How this thing rides now:) The Mamba combo is great, with great low speed torque and enough wheelspeed to climb the loose stuff. Locked center and rear, have to lock the front as well. The swaybar made a huge difference as well👍

FF70FEEA-435A-4899-B463-F09EFEB88686.jpeg

Looks cool - what tyres are those?

• 5 weeks later...

Any Ryft owners had this problem?

If I throttle on hard I get a grindy sort of noise and same if I get stuck the main drive shafts to the front and rear diffs spin but I get no drive to any wheels just a grrrr noise, would this mean that the diffs need a thicker grease?

hope someone can help its driving me slightly bonkers 🥳

So it seems that both my front and rear Axle gear housings are toast, made using that cheese type metal and have had to contact Horizon Hobbies for a warranty claim, also the front servo is so sloppy now, I will also try and claim for this but may just have to upgrade 🙄

• Sad 1

Just spend the morning stripping down both Axles as they have been slipping, I cant find the shims i need and the diff locks are out of stock for the moment so I tried a bodge option of changing the small rubber "O" rings behind the both crown gears in each axle with a slightly fatter version 🤪

After a short test run I'm very please with the results, not sure how long it will last but only time will tell 😁

• 3 months later...