• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbot, Pat and RCsparks drama

Nick

I'm a bit ambivalent about it all.

To be honest I only recently got back into RC, because I can't work on my proper cars as my life is in Lincolnshire/Rutland borders and I'm not allowed to travel to my workshop in Northants legally as my "job" is actually doing IT related stuff.

What I will say through, is some of the YouTube Content has really opened my eyes to small scale affordable stuff, often from China but also it's opened my eyes to stuff like the Carisma Coyote kit I've just bought.

Without the creators doing their thing, I'd probably have just bought another Tamiya re re, and for as frustrated as I did as a teenager some 20 odd years ago, and it'd have sat on the shelf as I wouldn't be able to use it.

Love or loathe those who do the whole YouTube thing, the drama and that goes hand in hand with any hobby these days.. if you think RC is bad you should get involved in Drag Racing old VWs 😂.

However, they do bring a lot of folks into the fold, who then end up spending money with local hobby shops and keep the whole hobby ticking along.

That said, smashing up gear fairly senselessly (I don't mean stuff like bashing and robustness testing), is a sure fire way to get someone like me to just switch off.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...