• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Please help me to identify these wheels / tyres

jonnymorris

I acquired some wheels and tyres recently, they're unbranded and unfamiliar to me in terms of tread and such, hoping someone here can help me identify what models they might be from or typically fit and what they would be suitable for (both in terms of the model and typical usage).  The rubber itself doesn't feel as supple as the ones I have from RC4WD and isn't as grippy a compound, perhaps the tyre walls are slightly thicker, but they do flex well enough to deform.  Maybe they would make good all-rounder dirt racing tyres?  The first seems too low profile to be suitable as a rock crawler.

One set has what looks like a 5mm hex fitting, others 12mm.  The wheels are all plastic.  Thanks for any help with these!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've been trawling through eBay listings and found a couple of these - the low profile one and the last one, they were listed as touring / drift and crawler respectively.  I'm not sure about that being a drift tyre, looks like it would have too much grip to drift, maybe more of a touring tyre but then I'd expect it to be a bit more slick.

I could certainly see the last tyre on my SCX10 as a 'rugged' road / light off-road tyre instead of an out and out off-road beast of a tyre, will certainly give it a go.  I'm going to try the first wheel + tyre on my Sand Scorcher.

UPDATE: Just came across the first tyre also on eBay as well.  They seem to be generic cheap and cheerful unbranded stuff.  Just those second 'crawler / basher' style wheels+tyres to identify, I suspect they came off something with a 5mm (or maybe 6mm) hex axle, can't seem to find much on that size.

Edited by jonnymorris