• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Motor and steering problems.

xMullerTx

So I’ve made my first car - Tamiya racing fighter. When I’ve turned it on ready to go the steering pulls to the right and the motor turns, however the back wheels don’t move. Any suggestions welcome, I’m a newbie so haven’t got a clue where to start. I’ve followed set up guides etc. 

Firstly , check the steering trim on your transmitter to make sure it's centred . If that doesn't work , try step 2 below :-

Secondly,  when you installed the servo did you connect the electrics up before you fitted the servo saver ? . If you didn't then the servo's centre could be off . Gain access to servo saver screw , remove the saver that has the steering arms connected to it from the servo splines and centre the wheels in a straight ahead position , make sure the trans and power are on , and trim centre , this will centre the servo , then push the saver back onto the servo splines and do up the screw .

Thirdly . Check the motor pinion is tightened correctly onto the motor shafts flat spot , not on the rounded part of the motor shaft , the motor shaft is 'D' shaped . Make sure drive shafts are seated in properly and wheels are located onto the hex drives and that you have installed the drive pins for the hex drives on the axles . Check tyres aren't spinning on the rear rims

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to recentre the servo buddy take the servo horn off and put the steering bias in centre on your trannsmitter etc turn it on then set the servo horn dead sentre should have equal throw both ways then 🙂

no drive? double check the motor pinion to spur is meshed well if thats ok could be a gearbox/diff  problem