• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHOs Tamiya DT02 Holiday buggy speed project!

What about these mate ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XY4GYB9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ohh just noticed unavailable damm 

Edited by Stormbringer

I imagine they are no better than the other off-brand ones to be completely honest.

I will stick with my Zeees for now, I have been tempted to buy the Turnigy Rapid 140c as I said, but I hate the £6 postage from HK.

I might have something in the pipeline with these CNHL ones anyway from a UK supplier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great project, just read the whole thread.  Thinking of having a go myself, trying to decide whether to use my existing Blitzer as a base (not sure how strong the tranny is?), or pony up for a DT02.  I have a few questions for you.

When you say you can use a different body, does it have to be a Tamiya body, or is any brands body ok?

Those rear wheels, are they zero offset, or even positive offset ie hex sitting closer to outside of wheel giving narrower track?

And with all the messing you've done with shocks so far, approx what is the current 'effective' length front & rear, eye to eye?  Just trying to figure out how much shorter I can go than std CVA's. 

Thanks

19 minutes ago, bertberr said:

This is a great project, just read the whole thread.  Thinking of having a go myself, trying to decide whether to use my existing Blitzer as a base (not sure how strong the tranny is?), or pony up for a DT02.  I have a few questions for you.

When you say you can use a different body, does it have to be a Tamiya body, or is any brands body ok?

Those rear wheels, are they zero offset, or even positive offset ie hex sitting closer to outside of wheel giving narrower track?

And with all the messing you've done with shocks so far, approx what is the current 'effective' length front & rear, eye to eye?  Just trying to figure out how much shorter I can go than std CVA's. 

Thanks

In the rules it says it can be basically any bodyshell, as long as it's in tact and actually looks like something.

So like a completely custom made carbon fibre body like what Raz Shifrin uses, you'd go into the modified class, rather than 2wd class from what I understand.

But something off the shelf that roughly resembles a car, is fine.

Not sure on the offset, I just bought whatever was the cheapest.

When I put my new electrics in, which I might do today actually, I was toying with the idea of going back to completely stock wheels and tyres.

Just not sure I'll have the grip.

Shocks are now back to standard, but I did have only about 4-5mm of movement in them, it made it worse, unless you are running on a glass smooth surface, don't remove too much from the shocks.

I say go for it, not sure if you can find a DT02 in stock right now like, there probably is some somewhere, but from what I've discovered, Tamiya stuff is getting a bit thin on the ground due to some docking issues and factory issues overseas.

It's the reason I've changed the body on this, so now it's just a DT02 in the RWD class, not specifically a Holiday buggy, but I already now have the Holiday buggy unofficial world record, so I can move onto something else anyway.

• Thanks 1