• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rustler 4x4 VXL diff/pinion mesh

Tingting44

Hi, there does not seem to be a way to adjust the mesh for the pinion and spur gear, im in the middle of rebuiding, just put a new motor plate on, and noticed there is actually no way to adjust the gap? its fixed which is strange or im missing something as the mesh is far too tight now with no play at all inbetween the spur/pinion, any help on this would be great, thanks

0a9e860b-5704-4420-a480-cb135aca51db.jpg

d240e6cf-9998-4dab-896e-e5ef3af78402.jpg

1 minute ago, Guns said:

loosen the silver 2.5mm screw above the motor, and then the motor tilts left or right on a pivot

yes but not with that plastic part on, its got a tiny hole big enough for the screw to go through not allowing you to set mesh with it on 

You can remove the black insert from te motormount and set the gearmesh yourself, I have the black insert in mine to I put it in myself and I have another one with differant holes in it, with the inserts you do not  have to set the gearmesh yourself it makes it a little more easy.

here are some pictures of mine rustler

img_20201120_103530_50623261548_o.jpg

img_20201120_104539_50623260933_o.jpg

img_20201120_104555_50623999606_o.jpg

1 minute ago, No brains said:

You can remove the black insert from te motormount and set the gearmesh yourself, I have the black insert in mine to I put it in myself and I have another one with differant holes in it, with the inserts you do not  have to set the gearmesh yourself it makes it a little more easy.

here are some pictures of mine rustler

good to know im not going mad! lol, thanks ive now removed, i prefer manual mesh over auto drilled hole any day 

1 minute ago, Tingting44 said:

oh mate your beast is looking sexy AF above!!! what are the wheels and tyres?

The wheels are louise st rock stadium truck tires, they are almost the same size as the stock ones and they aren not ballooning much on 3s I like them and they are cheap to.

1 minute ago, Tingting44 said:

also what motor are you running? id love a green one

I am running a castle 1410 3800kv motor in it

thanks guys! and also love beast right there! lol, i think im going to go with the belted trenchers for my 1st set of non stock tyres
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-trencher-hp-2-8in-all-terrain-belted-truck-tyres-mounted-on-raid-6x30-wheels-2-/rc-car-products/442035

6 minutes ago, Tingting44 said:

one thing guys do u know anywhere that sell the alu turnbackles and camber links in green, for the life of me i cant find any on the planet

https://www.modellbau-metz.com/rc-modellbau/traxxas-l_r-gewindestange-camber-73mm-hi-alurohr-gruen