• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

16 hours ago, Y96 said:

Yeah I've seen some of those in person too and to be honest I won't be using my lmt for speed runs but more for jumps and driving about, my goal is to make it scale as possible 🙂

I have just ordered a set of back and front axle kits for my LMT so we will see if I get a slower servo will it fix the problem when driving as semi fast speed.

Note - I will also be using a 2s 30C battery so I wonder if that will be too fast

- Y96

That should be just fine, however 30c is a pretty low c rating. Are you going to get the punch you want? 

• Like 1

@Bizzle

Good point made 👍

Im not too sure but I don't really want it to pass the 20mph limit to be honest, I don't think MT's are supposed to be going fast in the first place however there will be torque as it is a 2S and a spec spectrum electronics. 

I will eventually move onto a 50c battery if it seems a bit sluggish. 

- Y96

• Like 1

Update: Spektrum 5000 2s 30c Fast enough to do wheelies and roll over, In my opinion anything over 30c will make the rc feel like a basher.

Quick question guys, are there any upgrades for the suspension for the Losi LMT?

- Y96

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Y96 said:

Update: Spektrum 5000 2s 30c Fast enough to do wheelies and roll over, In my opinion anything over 30c will make the rc feel like a basher.

Quick question guys, are there any upgrades for the suspension for the Losi LMT?

- Y96

Take a look at bigsquid   as he races it and he says about what others are doing to the LMT

• Like 1

Took lmt for test run after fitting vitavon axles , treal hubs and links . Ran well had to turn down steering rate as tyres hooked up on Astro turf . Steering servo came loose so tightened it up and used locktight. May change servo and servo saver for something better

DC69F9F0-E4C2-441F-A1A3-650EB59DC040.jpeg

7CB1B8C0-51C5-4FF8-965C-28643C60BF8E.jpeg

B83C3C77-F0C5-4BD0-9E9C-62265CFF0435.jpeg

7E51E88C-3908-4484-AC20-97517FD1DAC3.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello all, another Grave Digger owner here. Having done much research I though the Losi LMT would be ideal for me & my grandson to play with. I was acutely aware of the axle issue, but figured I was never going to drive the thing like Kevin T does!. This morning was the big day but alas a few minutes in after a relatively modest jump into some scrub at the side of the disused golf course tee,...crack! The steering link broke too. Grrrr.

So there's two options for aluminium, Vitavon or Treal.  Or indeed just order the same parts. However as Losi have upgraded and strengthened the axle now based on the fact they clearly realise the design is inadequate, I really think I should try & get it replaced at their expense.  Although clearly an ally upgrade eventually is inevitable.

I bought the car from Appliance Electronics, and I registered with Horizon Hobby in the states. Who should I approach do you think please guys? Or am I wasting my time and I should just bite the billet (see what I did there?).

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Andy JP said:

Hello all, another Grave Digger owner here. Having done much research I though the Losi LMT would be ideal for me & my grandson to play with. I was acutely aware of the axle issue, but figured I was never going to drive the thing like Kevin T does!. This morning was the big day but alas a few minutes in after a relatively modest jump into some scrub at the side of the disused golf course tee,...crack! The steering link broke too. Grrrr.

So there's two options for aluminium, Vitavon or Treal.  Or indeed just order the same parts. However as Losi have upgraded and strengthened the axle now based on the fact they clearly realise the design is inadequate, I really think I should try & get it replaced at their expense.  Although clearly an ally upgrade eventually is inevitable.

I bought the car from Appliance Electronics, and I registered with Horizon Hobby in the states. Who should I approach do you think please guys? Or am I wasting my time and I should just bite the billet (see what I did there?).

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

Horizon USA will send you to the U.K. Distribution Logic RC who will deal with there European branch but honestly trying to get anything here in the U.K. warranted from Horizon is a battle in its self . If you not in any rush try your luck but be aware warranty will take months to sort out. Appliance  Electronics will send you to logic  or deal with them on your behalf so it’s pass the buck until someone helps 

Sorry it’s not better news 🥴

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Which one is better?

- Vitavon Losi LMT Axles or Treal.

I was looking around the web for alloy axles as mine keep getting loose and bending, which one do you recommend because they are similar in price but Vitavon axles look better IMO but  people keep boasting about how great TREAL products are. 

Just curious and wondered what are the thoughts on these two axles with you guys.

- Y96

The Treal axles are definitely the most scale looking, the Vitavon’s look like scaled up Currie F9’s. 

Quality wise I’ve had parts from both companies, you will be happy with either 👍 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Horizon USA will send you to the U.K. Distribution Logic RC who will deal with there European branch but honestly trying to get anything here in the U.K. warranted from Horizon is a battle in its self . If you not in any rush try your luck but be aware warranty will take months to sort out. Appliance  Electronics will send you to logic  or deal with them on your behalf so it’s pass the buck until someone helps 

Sorry it’s not better news 🥴

Thanks, that's not altogether surprising. I think I'll do two things. I'll contact Horizon plus AE and order a new ally front. I do want to get use out of this truck and the poor little lad with me this morning was a bit disappointed we stopped so after a few mins. So I've promised a return "soon".

For me it's a matter of principle, that part of the design simply isn't fit for purpose.  So for the sake of some e-mails it's worth pursuing if only to see where it gets me and how long it takes. Might be an experience worth sharing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Mines ready for its first run tomorrow 😂

76-C4-DCAB-9-A31-42-BD-9-EAA-72-D12-E655

02155-D8-E-AB24-4-D50-AD39-7-EBD0-C132-C

I took a load of stickers off and I much prefer this look 👌 

Fabulous, I read all about this beast before I actually joined the forum. What did you do with the stock axle parts? asking for a friend ☺️

Just now, Andy JP said:

Fabulous, I read all about this beast before I actually joined the forum. What did you do with the stock axle parts? asking for a friend ☺️

Sold them on eBay 😬 

4 minutes ago, Y96 said:

@.AJ.What tires and wheels are those?

mine are already chipping 😭

- Y96

Jconcepts JCT’s on Tribute rims, you have to run 12mm hex’s or buy adaptors to run them, im running Losi 12mm option hex’s with alloy Jconcepts hubs to take the extra power I’m running 👍 

• Like 1