• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SCX10 II DIFF SHIMS

sunny

Hi guys would anyone know what size shims I would need to order if I want to shim the front diff. I tried putting a shim where the propshaft goes on to the pinion and it's still notchy so was hoping to put a shim inside the diff casing so the diff would push away from pinion slightly. 

I tried the shim that I used between prop shaft and pinion outside of different casing but its too small. Its hard to describe but where the diff sits in its casing there is a bearing either side I want a shim to go between the diff and the bearing on one side so it pushes diff to one side more 

Yup if it was abit notchy I would leave it as it would bed in but its to the point of nearly locking, I have tried new bearings, shim front to back play inside and out and no joy. Teeth on pinion and other gear all OK and greased with Teflon grease. I found out the bearing size and ordered some arrma shims that  have inside diameter of 7.1mm so should be able to shim where I need if they ever come. If that doesn't work I will just order new pinion and other gear. 

Edited by sunny
Spelling