• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Blackfoot 2016 build thread

Lone-wolf

3 hours ago, bertberr said:

Forgive my ignorance...but that looks like a Frog chassis?  I thought this was similar to Monster Beetle, but never looked into that either, so that's prob got a Frog chassis too...🥴

Also not sure but think the frog started this chassis but stand to be corrected

14 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Also not sure but think the frog started this chassis but stand to be corrected

The Brat was the first release on that ORV chassis .

BF body looking good 👍

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

One thing about this that has pleased me is the steering, some Tamiya`s can have poor, vague steering but i fitted a 13kg digital MG995 servo and its great, lots of power and decent travel, i hope to do the last couple of bits first thing in morning and may run it just up an down street.....may even video it

Very nice truck there Jack :thumbsup:

1 thing tho when running it i would tuck that battery lead up under the shell if you can The Lunchbox/Pumpkin are same and if not tucked up it tends to catch on the wheels or anything else it can 🍻

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Street run just to test it out, runs better than i hoped

It looks great Jack & also looks like it handles really well on that video 👍 I was just waiting for the wheelies! Haha.

• Like 1

I have one tiny issue with the Blackfoot, the front body post, i fitted the correct part as per instructions but the body would not slipped over the post with out pushing the body forward about 5mm with rear posts located, also the R clip would not go in, then i found a different front mount hey presto the body then dropped on sweet, but sits to low at front, any one had this

Fixed the front ride height, it was bugging me now it just sits right and looks right, in fact i think it looks awesome, totally loved doing the build, just know i will love trail running it.

To say i am pleased with how it turned out is very much an understatement.

This truck wont be driven hard, seen video`s of people smashing them around skateparks or BMX tracks then getting al sad because the diff has popped or bits broken of, think one guy snapped the chassis doing huge jumps!

It a 30+ year old design and needs to be treated to some respect, but steady trail runs will be where its at. Thanks to all that commented on this build thread, your input has been really appreciated 😎

BF done.JPG

• Like 3