• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0

Today is the day its getting its maiden voyage. Lipos charging as i type but i'm gonna be real honest its freezing out there so if you guys think i'm gonna stand around filming then think on lol  

I'll updated later on return good or bad but hopefully all good :thumbsup:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Today is the day its getting its maiden voyage. Lipos charging as i type but i'm gonna be real honest its freezing out there so if you guys think i'm gonna stand around filming then think on lol  

I'll updated later on return good or bad but hopefully all good :thumbsup:

Footage or I didn’t happen 😁

Just cleaning my truck and thought let’s strip it down completely check everything and relube the lot. Pulled the motor which is super simple 3 bolts job done now on inspection I noticed the pinion is the old school style, now that’s not a problem but wouldn’t you think they be using there all new singer dancing D Lock ones ? 

8597-BC31-0-AFA-4812-B60-E-89-B508-E8498

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm going to order one of these soon, although everywhere seems to be out of stock until March 😕

Oh, and first post! I got a Rival MT10 for Christmas and LOVED it. Already used some money earmarked for something else to buy a Talion, and I've got a few things picked out to sell (I collect Transformers) to fund the Baja Rey!

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently just ordered one, won't be here until March but I honestly cannot wait 😊😊

I'm  having a real hard time trying to find battery tray dimensions. Can't see them on the Internet anywhere. Does anyone have them to hand, or maybe someone that owns one would be nice enough to measure it for me? The length of the tray is the main concern for me. 

Thanks in advance 😁

Edited by MiRaGe112

2 hours ago, MiRaGe112 said:

I've recently just ordered one, won't be here until March but I honestly cannot wait 😊😊

I'm  having a real hard time trying to find battery tray dimensions. Can't see them on the Internet anywhere. Does anyone have them to hand, or maybe someone that owns one would be nice enough to measure it for me? The length of the tray is the main concern for me. 

Thanks in advance 😁

151 x 52 x 101mm but that’s super tight and with the foam removed from the door seal. 

Don’t get anything under 50c discharge rate and the bigger the mah the better as  5000mah packs last about 8 minutes if that 🤔

I use these 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rapid-5500mah-4s2p-140c-hardcase-lipo-battery-pack-w-xt60-connector-roar-approved.html?queryID=9d5eb7d656654497f9bf254addd9e4d7&objectID=85640&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

19 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

151 x 52 x 101mm but that’s super tight and with the foam removed from the door seal. 

Don’t get anything under 50c discharge rate and the bigger the mah the better as  5000mah packs last about 8 minutes if that 🤔

I use these 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rapid-5500mah-4s2p-140c-hardcase-lipo-battery-pack-w-xt60-connector-roar-approved.html?queryID=9d5eb7d656654497f9bf254addd9e4d7&objectID=85640&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

These are the ones I have ordered:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0859BF3Q2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I have a feeling they may be too big 🤦‍♂️

8 mins really doesn't seem like a lot for 5000mah. How disappointing 😂

Ideally I'd like EC5 connectors on the battery so I don't have to change anything.

1 hour ago, MiRaGe112 said:

These are the ones I have ordered:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0859BF3Q2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I have a feeling they may be too big 🤦‍♂️

8 mins really doesn't seem like a lot for 5000mah. How disappointing 😂

Ideally I'd like EC5 connectors on the battery so I don't have to change anything.

If you can cancel the order they don’t fit 😕

They've just arrived today, super fast postage by Amazon, can always return them if they are too big.

Sooo close, reckon it may be too tight of a fit.

20210204_155032.jpg

1 hour ago, MiRaGe112 said:

They've just arrived today, super fast postage by Amazon, can always return them if they are too big.

Sooo close, reckon it may be too tight of a fit.

20210204_155032.jpg

Yep they are to long there’s  no room for more than those measurements I gave that’s the absolute max 

31 minutes ago, MiRaGe112 said:

Found some that fit, anyone had any experience with Team Orion batteries? Are they any good?

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/332389/

If you budget will stretch  I’d say these are better 

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/327165/

I have used these in the past and the where excellent don’t have any to hand to check fitment but they should fit 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

How are the diffs, lot of peps saying half empty or worse just wondering.

Redid all mine for different weight fluids anyway but they weren’t  terrible 

Edited by mydoddy69