• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHOs doing another.... DODGY '46 Power Wagon!

1 hour ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Probably a good choice going brushed in this and swapping the power to the Gatekeeper oho.

I've found https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=441301 do the job perfectly well for servo horns now. I used to order in from wherever so it's a relief to find something close to home and available in a couple of days.

Wheels and tyres look great👍

Yeah I reckon so, although I think with the Gatekeepers gear reduction and using the Holmes motors, the brushed set up will be similar in speed anyway lol.

And aye I've got a few of those to hand, if you are responding to my post about SRT, then these do fit because they go on so loose, but they are way too long for the Capra.

I am annoyed slightly now too, because I had a really nice Kopropo carbon fibre horn I chucked away because it didn't go on the first SRT, so I tried it on another one because it was sat there and it didn't fit that either and naturally I thought the horn was at fault.

5 hours ago, bertberr said:

Never, ever throw anything with the words KoPropo on it in the bin...  Please.

Too late, lesson learned, SRT are trash.

I did actually look in my bin for the horn, but didn't find it, given I don't use my bin often I thought it might be on the top somewhere, but no chance, it might actually have ended up in one of my spares boxes, it would indeed be very rare for me to actually bin something.

I know how frustrating this can be...  When I got back into the hobby about 12 years ago now, I dug out my old OG Hornet from mid 80's, along with the... Ko Propo 27mhz radio set.  Nothing wrong with it, no batteries were left in it etc, but I'd read that 2.4 ghz was where it was at now, so I slung the Ko Propo gear in the dustbin.  Idiot...😠

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Bit like any aspect of anything, if people pay it, they will charge it.

I've not used the elecs, so cannot comment on how good/bad they are.

i was trying to find out why bertberr said not to bin them but all i could find was the prices of the electrics.

• Oh How Original changed the title to OHOs doing another.... DODGY '46 Power Wagon!

Despite being nowhere near finished, I took the opportunity today to gave Dodgy Rust Bucket a little run out, not for very long, but a couple of things I'd note, these SRT servos as I previously thought are not very good, the one in the Capra stated 23kg, I was running at the correct voltage for that, it felt like it had less oomph than my 15kg Savox.

This one in the Dodgy is rated at 18kg from memory, again running at the correct voltage and it's just a turd.

I know I am running fat sticky tyres, but still, 18 and 23kg from any other brand would still work.

Won't ever buy another and I would urge nobody else too, IMO they aren't fit for purpose.

Anyway, less waffle, more pictures, enjoy!

G0117602.jpg

G0127705.jpg

G0157855.jpg

G0117637.jpg

G0177984.jpg

G0157844.jpg

G0198118.jpg

G0137761.jpg

G0177964.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 17:53, Oh How Original said:

Despite being nowhere near finished, I took the opportunity today to gave Dodgy Rust Bucket a little run out, not for very long, but a couple of things I'd note, these SRT servos as I previously thought are not very good, the one in the Capra stated 23kg, I was running at the correct voltage for that, it felt like it had less oomph than my 15kg Savox.

This one in the Dodgy is rated at 18kg from memory, again running at the correct voltage and it's just a turd.

I know I am running fat sticky tyres, but still, 18 and 23kg from any other brand would still work.

Won't ever buy another and I would urge nobody else too, IMO they aren't fit for purpose.

Anyway, less waffle, more pictures, enjoy!

G0177964.jpg

That last picture is outstanding oho👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Why it looks a great truck mate ?

I've got 14 trucks and two more coming... I think this would be the least likely to get used, just because my Dads got his Power Wagon sort, so I've started using my red one more and I bought him a 1.9 Wraith, along with my brother-in-law and one for myself so when we go out we often use those too, plus I have the Gatekeeper which I am loving using.

Might end up just selling the body and bed as a set ready to bolt on for someone else and keep the chassis for future, but yeah, it's a possibility :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...